A Miracle Grow experiment

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gman101, May 12, 2009.

1. As a recreational grower over the years, only for personal use, I have met with reasonable success as my needs are not great. Well, after a hiatus for a few years I found myself with a few seeds supposedly from a strain called Skywalker, and a location to grow again, so I started the babies in March. It was soon after the first transplantation that I found Grass City and the wealth of information herein.

What I read, to my surprise, was the many comments against the use of Miracle Grow soil. So much so that I posted a thread out of concern as my girls were in MG potting soil. Well, the response was mixed, but predominately against the MG product, and most certainly not to add any nutes until the MG had flushed out.

At the next transplant, (I keep most of my girls in pots for mobility), I decided to keep one of them in straight MG potting mix, more as an experiment for me than anything else. The others I moved to a homemade mix of commercial potting mix, peat moss, composted manure, perlite, etc.

So, to make a long story short, I know too late for that lol, the MG plant seems to be doing just fine! In fact, there have been no problems with it at all. I am by no means an expert grower, but thought that with all the comments about this product I would at least let the community know what my results were if anyone was interested.

All of the girls seem to be a tad small, but this works for me as I always keep them to a height of 3' or less so I can move them as necessary.

Here is a picture of the MG plant, and of course any thoughts, comments, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Stay Balanced...

Attached Files:

2. From my understanding the problem lies in the time release nuted MG soil. Which would mean your plant would be fine, up to point of release of nutes , which you dont controll like most people like to do.(myself included) Imagine , 3 weeks into a intended 5 week veg and your soil is feeding for bloomers!!!!
    I dont know for sure. Never used it. The owners of a hydro store where I am from(not where I live) taught me what they could back in the day and they advised me not to use any of the MG stuff , so on principle, I dont. Im not the only one who will say its not the greatest , but I wont say it will or wont work. When it comes to herb, it seems anythings possible.

3. I regularly use MG in veg. Just start at 1/3 to 1/2 the recommended amount and work from there. As good as AN? No, but a hellava lot cheaper.

4. i mix 1/2 miracle grow to 1/2 natural soil and that works just fine for me.