A Medical Marijuana Law Gains Momentum in New York

Discussion in 'General' started by Dark_Angers, Jun 13, 2007.

1. I did'nt read it yet due too my dialup connection,and my peoples usuing the phone.

But GO NEW YORK!!!!!!!!:hello:!

2. Way to go, good luck with your legislation, new york. :hello:

3. I hope it goes through..I bet if NY legalizes it..the legalization process will spread throughout the country like wildfire. It will take a couple of years im sure..but its like a snowball effect.

4. Woot!

Wrong forum, but good luck NY! All you stoners better be out there marching!

5. Man, this makes me SO Happy. I hope they include migraines in the legislation...I could really use the meds.

Also, this law would allow the patient to possess 2.5 oz of weed and 12 plants. Fucking amazing.

Thank you Connecticut and Rhode Island.

6. I wont hold my breathe. Its only medical...blah.

7. Well maybe some of us could benefit from this law passing. Hmm?

8. This made me very very happy. I knew it was just a matter of time, New York has such relaxed marijuana laws to begin with I couldnt figure out why we dont have a medical program. I'm really hoping for my mom who suffers from authritus and sciatica, and my dad who suffers from authritus and anxiety, that this thing goes through...

... just for the record, my thread was 11 hours before this one, so yes RM I did use the search button.

9. Your welcome! But really RI has a LONG way to go with marijuana law reform. Yes, its great they passed this MMJ bill, but the penalties for non MMJ arrests are F****** HARSH!!! Still with the Minnimum mandatory sentencing for cultivation BS!!

I packed my bags and headed north to Maine, much more lax....

But anywho, GOOD LUCK NY!!!!!!!!!!!

10. What are the other 12 states with MMJ programs?

11. Anything less than an Oz is already decriminalized in NY.

You just get a civil citation, which sucks, but much better than a misdemeanor on your record.

12. Taken from medicalmarijuanaprocon.org :

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="70%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>I. Twelve states have enacted laws that legalized medical marijuana
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

1. [*]Alaska - 1999
      [*]California - 1996 [​IMG]
      [*]Colorado - 2000 [​IMG]
      [*]Hawaii - 2000 [​IMG]
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>

1. [*]Maine - 1999
      [*]Montana - 2004 [​IMG]
      [*]Nevada - 2000 [​IMG]
      [*]New Mexico - 2008 [​IMG]
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>
    1. Oregon - 1998 [​IMG]
    2. Rhode Island - 2006 [​IMG]
    3. Vermont - 2004[​IMG]
    4. Washington - 1996 [​IMG]
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>II. Two states have passed laws that, although favorable towards medical marijuana, did not legalize its use
    </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

1. [*]Arizona - 1996
    </TD><TD vAlign=top>

1. [*]Maryland - 2003
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

13. Hell yes, we need more medicinal states here on the East coast! This is probably the first time I've ever said this (love you BoSox), but go New York!