a man of few words

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by chibulls1, Oct 25, 2013.

1. I've always been told my whole life that I'm quiet or shy. many people would say I'm rude for not actively seeking out conversation. I have always thought many people talk too much. I am a firm believer in opening your mind before your mouth.

people have asked why I don't talk a lot, and the truth is I really don't know why. I am pretty social with people I know, even briefly know. brief conversation isn't a problem at all, but when it comes to keeping the conversation going, I find myself with nothing to say (unless I'm really comfortable around them).

so what advice would you have for me?

enjoy your tokes!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Gangsters move in silence and nigga i dont talk alot

3. loudest person in the room is usually the weakest

4. Good for you.

5. all well said.

loving the positive vibes.

6. Most the time quietest nigga in the room is the nigga you dont wanna fuck with... kenZo killadel!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. You're introverted, keep most of the shit inside your head inside your head rather than blurting it out, often emotionally, like extroverted people. Probably have a lil mix of ADD and an emotional ADD of sorts, where you can engage and talk with someone and focus on them but after so long, you can't focus on them cause you really just don't give a shit anymore. Not that you want to not give a shit, it's just rather difficult to focus your emotions back into your conversation.

My best advice would be to find a job where you can be your introverted self, but are happy doing it. Like your interests, your hobbies, your calling, whatever it is that drives you, make it your job. You'll absorb yourself into your workplace and being something you like.. love even, you'll be able to be happy and outgoing while working, but won't have to talk about yourself or try and make idle conversation.

8. I'm the same way, although I've grown to be a lot more socially anxious. you sound fine, wouldnt worry about others, as you said people tend to talk too much and think too little.

9. Learn yourself. Sit with yourself. Spend time with yourself. Your attention is always focuses outside of you, so you see yourself from an outside perspective never reaching the heart of the problem (not that I'd really call it a problem). Learn to seek inside for your answers, they lie 'neath the folds of airy consciousness that is the model of YOU. Love yourself and you will find yourself.
    Much Love.

10. Better to be silent and be thought of as a fool, then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. 

Can't remember who said that, and I'm honestly too high to search for it, but it fits the thread.  :smoke:  

As for advice, just take up the courage and practice man. You into sports? One of the best conversation starters is sports, especially with the world series going on, football is in mid swing, and basketball season starts Thursday. Sounds superficial, but hey, that's people these days. Anything you may have in common, such as shows, i.e. Breaking Bad, bring them up. Sooner or later, you'll be a social monster!

11. #11 Omega369, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    When I jack off a lot, I turn very quiet and introverted. I like to think and only talk if its something I feel strongly about. Usually on the side listening to people talk.When I don't jack off for a few days, I turn into this out of control chatterbox extrovert and become the center of attention. Small talk comes easy and I can talk for the longest time.Weird as hell, but if I know I have a date or a big event coming up where I want to get laid, I won't jack off for a week. Usually I'll jack off once a day.This thread better not turn into a jacking off thread.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. :laughing:

13. Empty heads have long tongues. Commonly they, whose tongue is their weapon, use their feet for defense.

Bruce Lee

14. It all depends on what's important to you. If social connections are important, that's a problem, just start going to more social events and you might seem kinda awkward and shy at first, but really, it takes practice.
    If individualism is more important to you, and your happy with your views and ideals occupying your mind, then you don't really need connections, apart from a select few that you really dig.
    I've found a balance. Up until about a year ago, I couldn't formulate responses very well, and was seen by many an awkward and shy person. Now I'm friends with many respected, chill ass dudes - though I'm still no good with women, which is something I really need to work on. Though I have plenty of social connections now, individualism is still my deal. I'm very opinionated, with unique tastes in art, politics, etc. and now I have an interesting story (cracking my head open).

"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

15. #15 thisbowlisburning, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
    [quote name="chibulls1" post="18878046" timestamp="1382655375"]I've always been told my whole life that I'm quiet or shy. many people would say I'm rude for not actively seeking out conversation. I have always thought many people talk too much. I am a firm believer in opening your mind before your mouth.people have asked why I don't talk a lot, and the truth is I really don't know why. I am pretty social with people I know, even briefly know. brief conversation isn't a problem at all, but when it comes to keeping the conversation going, I find myself with nothing to say (unless I'm really comfortable around them).so what advice would you have for me?enjoy your tokes! Sent from my LG-P925 using Grasscity Forum mobile app[/quote]I'm the exact same way, man. In school, all I really did was sleep and when I was awake, I just did my work and didn't really talk to anyone unless they talked to me, or they were friends. I got in trouble in junior high when one of my friends stood up for me against a bunch of people that wanted to kick my ass and told them he'd bring a gun and shoot anybody that touches me, so next day I go to school and get pinned with the whole thing just because I was quiet. The friend had been there for an hour or two already before they even brought him in as a suspect. The cops said that it was because I was so quiet and I have a blank facial expression all the time that I fit the profile of someone who'd shoot up the school, and that it scared them that they couldn't pick up a singleemotion out of me the whole time until they mentioned it and I started emoting and pretending to be scared and worried till they let me go.Right now I work at Waffle House and I hardly talk to my coworkers, just questions and answers and single sentence nonsense. No real conversations. And even if someone does initiate a conversation, I can't keep it going at all. Don't worry dude, you're not alone. If you ever feel like having a conversation with a fellow intelligent introvert, feel free to message me.It's, Friday mornin, where the weed at?IG: @thisbowlisburningGT: fourblacks

16. Yeah man I used to be the same and still kind of am. I found that my biggest problem was that not only did I have nothing to say but I had nothing to say because I always felt like what I had to say was not important at all therefore no one would even care so I just wouldn't say anything. This could be the case for you but I don't know how your brain works. Obviously it's playing on your mind why you are not as social as others. It could just be you. Do you want to be more social? 

Sure I am a lot more social than what I used to be but that doesn't mean I am constantly talking to everyone. I probably talk just as little as I used to but having realised what my problem was that anxiety of being too quiet just faded away and I feel as if I am in perfect harmony with the world. 

17. #17 Mellojello, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013

I could swear you just took those thoughts out my head. I had realized the same exact thing about myself. crazy! Being an introverted person really isn't a bad thing. I worked my way out of it and do you know what happened? Word vomit...everywhere! I just cant win haha

18. "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know."

Lao Tzu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of all the replies in this thread; this one is the best...imo

20. I always think to myself, if you've got nothing intresting to say dont say anything.