A Male next to a female

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by wpatton54, Jun 22, 2012.

1. First time grower believe i messed up. Today i noticed after 16 days of flowering that one of two plans was a male. Also i noticed white power on male plant. Both plants had been flowering right next to each other. Did i get my female pregnant because of my ignorance? can i do anything like wash her off? any help on this would be great. Also as soon as i realized the one was a male i killed it. What a big mistake for so much time put in.[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Your not screwed just remove the male if it hasnt opened its nut sac and pollenated your good.

3. Yeh, males have to open their pollen sacs in order for pollination to happen. I had a similar experience while sexing a batch of plants. A couple of them took a couple days longer to show their sex, and I assumed they were female since they were taking longer. It turned out fine, the sacs hadn't even developed enough to form fully, much less open and pollinate.

If you're really worried about it, wait until your lights have been off for a few hours, and mist down your plant with water and a spray bottle. If any pollen is in there, this might help wash it away while limiting fertilization. But if it was just 16 days, I'd bet you'll probably be fine.

4. Thanks so much for the quick replies. I do feel a bit better now.