A little wet bud?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Andy2552, Aug 25, 2012.

1. I just picked up a bit and the flowers feel a little wet, almost. They feel light, but not crispy light, and don't break easily. Is this weed just wet and needs to be in a jar for a few weeks? It has a metalic type of pungent smell to it, almost.

Attached Files:

2. If you can buy a hygrometer (Amazon.com: Quality Importers HygroSet II Round Digital Hygrometer for Humidors: Home & Kitchen) and stick it in with your weed, you will be able to tell if it's too wet or not. 70% rH or relative humidity would be weed that is too wed and at risk of mold, which is NOT a good or safe thing.

A good way to check without spending money on a hygrometer is to snap one of the stems on a bud, if it snaps in half then your weed is probably fine. Do it to a few stems. Now if the only bend but do not snap all the way, they are too wet still. I would leave the mason jar open overnight in a cool dark place, then check in the morning, they should dry up a bit.

Once they feel less wet, you can burp the jars or open the jars up and let the air out every couple of days. If this weed is wet it was probably harvested not long ago. So not only would you be at risk of mold, but your weed hasn't reached it's full potential. Again if this stuff is that wet, giving it a nice cure will mature the buds, and make that weird smell go away, and the smoke will be smoother, high will be stronger...much better. Hope I helped :bongin:

3. [quote name='"RooRgle"']If you can buy a hygrometer (Amazon.com: Quality Importers HygroSet II Round Digital Hygrometer for Humidors: Home & Kitchen) and stick it in with your weed, you will be able to tell if it's too wet or not. 70% rH or relative humidity would be weed that is too wed and at risk of mold, which is NOT a good or safe thing.

A good way to check without spending money on a hygrometer is to snap one of the stems on a bud, if it snaps in half then your weed is probably fine. Do it to a few stems. Now if the only bend but do not snap all the way, they are too wet still. I would leave the mason jar open overnight in a cool dark place, then check in the morning, they should dry up a bit.

Once they feel less wet, you can burp the jars or open the jars up and let the air out every couple of days. If this weed is wet it was probably harvested not long ago. So not only would you be at risk of mold, but your weed hasn't reached it's full potential. Again if this stuff is that wet, giving it a nice cure will mature the buds, and make that weird smell go away, and the smoke will be smoother, high will be stronger...much better. Hope I helped :bongin:[/quote]

You helped and then informed me on a lot of terminology too, damn. Thank you! :) I'm pretty sure they mostly snap do they could probably be extra cured to pure perfection!