A little story of ignorance..

Discussion in 'General' started by FiveFourOh, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Okay so I got my girl into smoking when she had dental work (root canal) she was in a lot of pain her meds didn't help I told her to try mj once and if it doesn't help then ill never bring it around again. That was about 6 month ago she still smokes...daily :)

Okay so the first of the ignorance is from one of her friends "Taylor".
    My girlfriend is sick and asks her friend about the guidelines for a research paper, her friend asks "what's wrong", "nothing just bad migraines ill be back in class in 2 days", "you really need to stop smoking weed", "why its the only thing that is helping my head", "helping! Obviously its hurting you, and making you sick, do you need help?" My girl just was dumbfounded and stopped talking to her.

Story 2 a different friend "Kate" who we have smoked and partied with many times. Her dad is an og toker.
    She asks if we want to come over to her house and hang out with her and her new guy friend (which means a party). My girl says do you want us to bring "anything". Her friend says " No, he makes me want to be a better person and he knows I smoked before and told me he didn't want me to get addicted to it. Plus it was just a fun thing to do with you guys but I don't want to get addicted" my girl " um no the cigarettes you smoke a pack a day are addictive the amounts of alcohol you drink is addictive, not marijuana", her friend then says " um yes it is look at my dad he smokes all the time" my girlfriend looked at me and had the biggest wtf look I have ever seen.

I would like to find a decent source that shows that there is no physical dependency on marijuana. If anyone has suggestions feel free to add.

Hope this was not a waste of time for all you other insomniac blades. But really how sad is that shit.

2. I hate the social stigma.
    My friends say they don't care that I smoke, its cool but its not theyre thing. yadda.
    But I know what they're thinking.
    One of them statused the other day about how a person who worked at a store asked her how much $1.50 + $200 was. She finished the status saying, 'is everyone high around here or something??'
    sigh.

3. I can't stand the "stupid pot head" stereotype. Or anyone who tries to tell me smoking is bad for my health, I usually just hit them with the facts but with these two it was just was lost cause, they are caught up in the medias perception of marijuana being a harmful drug. Reefer Madness!

4. It's even more frustrating when people CONSTANTLY bring it up, because they think it's funny...

For the facts you wanted, check NORMLs site. They have so many links it's unfunny.