Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A little something i thought of when i was BAKED!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Rindy88, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Last night i was higher than a kite and i thought of something. Everyone predicts that marijuana will become legalized within 3-5 years. Obviously the government is going to tax marijuana and use the money accordingly. The prices will be low and we will be happy. :). On the other hand lets look at the dealers perspective. These kids have to be pissed about weed becoming legal because that's the only way the majority of us can get our hands on marry. So when weed becomes legal there is no reason to go to these dealers. And all of us have had or bad experiences with dealers, there is always one that stands out of the crowd. But because of that one bad experience why would we ever look for another dealer when the government would be 100 percent flawless. These dealers are not out of luck yet; think about, if these dealers were to lower there prices to the same amount as the government would why would we give the government any more money. What is the government doing with our money as of now. Does anyone no, well the obvious one now is the war on terrorism. We keep sending our troops over there but not one person knows why we keep killing people in these countries. Is that our way of finding Osama Bin Laden. I am not against the government in any way shape or form, i just do not agree on what we are spending our money on as of now. For the government to tax something that grows naturally is bad enough. I pay taxes so that kids can go to school, so there is a justice system, so there are roads to drive on. So for those dealers out there that keep jackin' your prices up and screwing people over. You will find out the hard way. This is a subject that me and a few of my friends were discussing last night. Take a minute read it and give me your opinion on it. Everyone has different opinions on things, please don't hesitate to disagree or agree with me on this subject. Thanks

2. ahh the deep thoughs that getting high produces...lol

3. The only problem is that once bud becomes legal, capitalism will naturally drive the prices way down.

People will be selling dankity dank for cheap and it will completely cut the profit margins that we are seeing on the black market today.

No more $1400 a qp of dank. it will be more like 200-$300 (Honestly this is all speculation and I bet it will be less than that) and growing ops will move from mom and pop grows to major corporations which will be producing SOOO much bud that they can charge a very small amount and still make good profit margins... More than likely they will be growing the bud in 3 world countries so for every penny spent, they make $2 back.

Basically supply will meet demand and the price will go down tremendously, which will make selling bud as a dealer not profitable and a waste of time. You will have to move soooo much weight to see the same profits you see now on something as small as an ounce.

Not to mention, I would personally rather go to a gas station or a legit business , and not have to worry about the quality of the product I will be purchasing, getting jacked, driving 15 min to meet up with my guy etc...

We live in a world of instant gratification, and dealers will go under if they do not evolve their business model. As soon as we can pickup a sack at the local 7/11 people will not take the time to call, meet up, and drive to their dealers. Why would they when 7/11 is right down the block.

It's the same reason why fastfood is successful. Everyone can go to the store and get everything they need to make hamburgers, and these hamburgers (depending on whose at the grill lol) will taste better and be of better quality than anything you can get a McDonalds and probably cheaper depending on where you shop.

So why don't people always make their own hamburgers and eliminate the tremendously profitable fast food industry?

Because people want instant gratification, and when offered, are willing to pay more for something that may be lower quality than what they could get because it saves them time and hassle.

4. I want dispensaries in every state. Each one has like 10-20 different strains/hash. that shit would be bomb.

Legalize or decriminalize it doesnt matter i still smoke the ganja no matter what.

5. /Thread

6. What happens when its legalized and the government decides to start adding chemicals to marijuana to truly make it the addictive drug they say it is? Medicinal marijuana is the way to go, all grown by medicinal patients. Large government grow-ops is just not a good idea, we'd end up with nicotine sprayed beasters for the low low.

7. I disagree. If my friend grows thirty plants and it costs him about 1000$ to set it up and grow it all, he would yield a few pounds. Now since he isn't going to smoke two pounds anytime soon, I can get half ounces for about 50$ of premo outdoor bud, and my friend is stoked because he can make his 1000$ back and still have a pound.

8. Decriminalization is the way to go :smoke:

9. yeah dude i agree all the way. u took the words out of my mouth. i pay taxes so much, and for the goverment to tax something that u can just garden and pick? when they legalize weed imma just have a garden in one of my bedrooms that i dont use lol. 1 LOVE

10. #10 the420man, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
    Not if the dealer has lower prices then the shop.

EDIT- didnt read all of your post my bad.

11. Uneconomical? Haha

12. #13 dfernan, Sep 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
    Just wait til cannibis is traded on the commodities market with higher values than corn, wheat, OIL. Just wait. A barrel of crude oil is what? about $80 a barrel? Same price as a 1/4oz of dank.

13. i like how at the end of the first post how it says "take a minute to read it"...like we read from the bottom up lol... im blitzed and im definitely not hating, i just thought it was funny... in regards to the topic, its a good thought. im not in the mood to get too into it but i dont think dealers would make any money if they were providing it for the same price as the government bc it would prolly have to be pretty cheap... but then again weed isnt the drug to sell anyways if youre trying to make real money.

14. Except legalization advocates set the tax rates FUCKIN' high. Massachusetts' proposed legalization has a TAX (just the tax) of $150 an ounce for shit weed (mids), and $250 an oz for dank weed. Mids and shwag aren't even viable at more that 150 an ounce. Once the grower takes out 100 or so profit, the price of a zip of dank would be 350-400 USD, so basically, like in amsterdam, street price would still be the norm.

15. #16 pimpinatatl1, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Lmao that has got to be the worst logic i have heard in the world. Let me think of a couple of reasons why you wouldn't go to your local dealer.
    1. He might rob you
    2. He might be a fake
    3. Wrong amount of weed
    4. Lies about what it really is
    5. People always are paranoid about lacing so many people will not got to dealers
    6. Not everyone hates the government
    7. You can most likely get it for cheaper in store
    8. Grow quality is most likely going to be better by big companies
    9. We dont just fight wars with tax payer money (we give bailouts XD)
    10. Your hurting your own countries economy
    11. Its more convenient walking into QT and buying a pack of marijuana(that sounds so weird)
    12. Drug companies have the government in their hands so expect low prices
    13. Your doing something illegally when you could be doing it legally for probably cheaper and less times and your getting better shit.

16. if it were legalized how much would the government really make? wouldnt everyone just grow their own most of the time? if it were legalized i think the government would be more interested in the cultivation for other purposes such as alternative fuels and it could also be used to make paper and particle board as well as use of hemp because of it's strength and durability. not to say that the government wouldnt sell weed but i dont think quality would be produced on as large of a scale as everyone thinks. i think it would be mostly high mids and certainly there would be a lot more dank too but probably not from the government grow ops. but like i said a couple posts up "weed isnt the drug to sell" most people that sell weed only do it so they can make some extra change and smoke for free. if it were legalized i would never buy again, i would just grow year round indoors

17. No most people lack the time effort or skill to grow their own weed same with cigarettes you just go down to your local QT and buy them

18. but weed isnt like cigarettes. weed is a culture whereas cigarettes are a habit. plus it doesnt take much skill or money to grow decent plants. also, everyone pretty much has access to seeds for weed... who has access to tobacco seeds?

19. this was exactly what i used to think, but after personally knowing a few dealers i've realized that the reason that these individuals are selling weed (not always) is because they are damn good at it. Upon legalization these people would not only have a jump on many people looking to get into the trade as far a consumer base is concerned, but also they have much more experience with the storing cultivation and eccentricities of marijuana.

So in short, the shady dealer post-legalization will now wear a suit and be making even more money then before.