A little problem with time travel.

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by greenthumbgreg, May 12, 2016.

1. I got really high one time while watching a show about time travel. And i started thinking about it from a odd perspective.

So lets say i have a device that will alow me to travel back in time. Lets say i set the device for five minutes, and go back in time.

I am now five minuits in the past, from my origional point in time. But not space. my only change was that my position in time changed. And since we aren't near the edge of the universe, that space is already created. My shift would not acount for the spacial change that earth goes throuh in those five minuits, and so wouldnt it simply revert to its oribatal position that it was in five minuits before. Would i not simply crash into the earth as it hurdles towrds me?

Thats one of my high ideas. What sort of weird shit do you think about when you get stoned?

• Like Like x 3
  2. If you think about it... If you teleport/time travel, wouldn't you split molecularly, and then reassemble?

That would mean you had to die, and come back to life. But then would you be the same person as you were before?

Fuck. My brain hurts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sound's painful! I want what you guy's are smokin on.

dilligaf

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm smoking some pretty damn good Sour Diesel rn. Highest quality diesel I have had in a while.

Sativas really get me thinking lmao

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 City of Stars, May 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    I suppose you make a good poitnt about time travel. I'm glad I am not the only one to think about this XD

6. Yep. As an introvert, the majority of my life only happens in my head. So i like thinking about things. same reason i would be okay living as a quadriplegic, but not someone with lowered cognative abilities.

one of the topics that i like to talk about with people that i don't know very well, wich is choosing a superpower. Its a way i can guage how people think, and who they are as a person. Speaking of wich, what super power would you choose?

• Like Like x 1
  7. What if you went back in time and fucked your mum would you be a brother and dad

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I'm so happy I just stumbled on this u guys just made me night lol

9. What if aliens are time traveling earthlings trying to get pure biological samples to bring back to their time to cure a resistant disease. They are all weird looking from pollutions chemical effects If you went back five minutes in the same space it would be as if you were cloning yourself You go back see yourself but it's created a different time stream so you1 became you2 naturally but now you1 is not committed to go back in five min. So 1 and 2 can now play awesome pranks or commit petty
    Thievery. It wasn't me I was on jury duty at the time. Lol
    Ever watch primer? It's cool but confusing. Multiple views necessary

10. The past might have time travelers if you travel there.

11. Would the time traveler in the past be you because u went there

12. No way to tell for sure... until we can time travel.

13. If I perfect my methods I'll post above you on this thread after I go back

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I've had thoughts of this too.

Say you went back to medieval times. What if you 'appeared' in solid rock? Or 500 feet in the air?

What if earth was on other side of the solar system.

• Like Like x 1
  15. True. I my time machine. It's in the same space. What was in this spot back then. Or if u accidently go back in time with all this knowledge of future things but no clue how to make them. Lol. I'd settle for going back a little bit then buy yahoo stock then cash out for Google stock.

16. Time travel is only going back to a parallel universe. You cannot simply go back to this past.
    If this were the case then creation could be destroyed/manipulated. Universal Law stops this from happening.

17. Time travel is flawed.
    Time is relative, so traveling in time would never be possible.
    But traveling to alternate reality's foward or backwards in relative time would be plausible.

Just my high thought!

• Like Like x 1
  18. This was an amazing thread !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Time travel back in time is literally impossible .. but in the movies, I suppose the machine already accounts for your relative position XX years back in time.

20. If time travel back in time were possible, the stone age would have never happened.. we would have been technologically advanced from the get-go.

Unless Parallel Universes are real.