A little Job promotion today.

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, May 17, 2007.

1. Well, I generally work in restaurants (besides, landscaping, etc). I just started this new little Coffee/Sandwich place a week and a half go. Its an awesome place. Everyone there is so chill.

Its brand new, just opened 2 months ago. And its incredibly popular. We usually run out of food by 7:30. Lines stretching out the door. They're planning on opening two more soon. :D

Their sandwiches literally weigh about 3 pounds. On 9 inch artesian bread. Monsters! I can only eat a half.

But, today they said they wanted me to be manager of this first place of theirs. Awesome. I'm usually running it anyway. Sending people to different stations in the lunch and dinner rushes. Running it very organized.

I need a few more weeks of training, but its awesome. I don't really care about the "status" of manager. Just the raise, lol. It'll help fund my travels so much faster now. Great news when you have to pay rent and bills. :hello:

2. Congratulations, man. This next vape bowl is in celebration for you and your promotion!

3. Awesome news, heinous! congratulations buddy!

You ever consider investing with them? Maybe even buying part of the place you manage?

4. Thanks, guys.

Heh, I wish I could invest, but I really don't that much money. I wish, though. This place is gonna explode, I know it. Good idea, I should look into it. It might help my travel out indefinitely.

They're all so nice there. Always buying us beer, getting drunk and hanging out at the end of a loooong day. Just a great bunch of people.

5. If they are opening 3 more in such a short period of time, i dont think they are looking for investors, and probably have a few partners or one rich guy.

6. You could be totally right, Five.

But the way I look at it; they trust him enough, and know him well enough to promote him to manager.

If heinous owned part of the business (hell even 5 or 10%) that would be a big incentive for him to do all he can to make that business more profitable. In the end it could prove to make the owner more money.

I dunno though, neither of us know the owners or the relationship they have, so it's tough to say.

Think about it heinous!

7. Yea, these guys are pretty wealthy. Very neat and clean place. They spent some money to open this up. I'm glad they're doing so well. I think we sell about 400 sandwiches a day. Probably more.

TONS of cops eat at this place. I serve them all the time. Good to know that they see my face, for the next time I get busted. "Don't arrest me! Where will you get your food from!?"

*Click* Off go the hand-cuffs. :)

8. hahah You betcha! I remember the cops travelled from Dunkin Donuts to Taco Bell when it first opened in our area 3 years ago. Now they're gonna turn into bloated drooling whales in uniform!

I actually think all these earnings you've made will add up to your travels if they respect you this much, fuck having another job. YOU OWN!

9. Pretty much everyday I'm scheduled to work, no matter if its in the evenings or not, I call up in the morning and ask if they need me. They usually do.

I just like to prove to them, that I'm a hard worker and willing to go in hours before I'm scheduled. They like the help, and I like the over-time. :)

10. As far as I am concerned, you have only one choice heinous; hostile takeover!

11. I need to try to complete a monopoly, like Gates.

A sandwich Monopoly! I'd make BILLIONS!

12. Man sounds like everything is leaning in your favor right about now, congratulations!

13. Thanks, man. Right now, it kinda is. But, I've been working years wthout a break. So, this little promotion feels great, but isn't everything to me. Just a way of financing my further explorations around the world. :)

14. I feel bad in a way. I mean, these people are looking up to me. In order to run their fledgling business. I want to, I do. But, I always want to travel and don't want to spend more than a year in Mass.

I need to tell them that I'm only going to be temporary for their business. I've told them my plans of travel, and accepted it, but still...they look up to me so. Its a weird feeling. I'm having so much responsibility, but don't want it. Yet, I do.

Its a complex situation. I'll probably realize it better when I'm sober.

15. Maybe just save up awhile. Put the money toward worthy investments.

It'll make future travels much easier.

16. I am. I'm putting $50 a month into my personal IRA. Just so I can have something for retirement. With the interest, I have nothing to worry about.

Its still a weird feeling. I may be the "go-to-guy" for them. But, in my own head I'm planning on escaping in the next year or so and living in South America for years to come.

17. Its always pleasing to hear when a fellow GC member is doing great things; nice job, keep it up! I feel so locked in this culture in the US; I'd really like to do some globetrotting as you have/are going to do!

18. Its crazy, too. There has to be about 10 of us there. All of us share the exact, same scar on our left pinkies. We have to slice the bread fresh, and these things are huge, so you have to hold it oddly.

So far, everyone one of has cut ourselves with the bread knife, exactly the same way. Like branding of that restaurant.

--And, Thanks Still Smokin :)