A little help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bnasty9976, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ok, so here it is.....I've done a few small dwc and out door crops. But now I finally have the chance to "come out of the closet" and convert a guest room, I want to build my own hydro system and was thinking about a vertical PVC or PVC tree type my room is 15x12 and I have 2 1000w hps 2 400w mh and 1 t5 panel, just looking for advice.....is that adequate light? Are those systems high yielding? Dwc has always worked....but always a much smaller scale.

2. $#i+, Man, with those light you could cook a cake!!! I've never seen a vertical, but if I remember my science, the setup you're referring to in a horizontal environment is called thin film & the piping can be cumbersome & a BITCH to clean. I'd strongly recommend ebb & flow tables. A 1000W light will handle a 4X4 flood tray perfectly. Place it in a corner and you only have to fashion two sides with a "soft" wall - Orca grow film is 11mm thick, really easy to drape, washable & 94% reflective (sorry if I sound like a commercial, but the $#i+ works!!!).
    Ebb & flow reservoirs are much easier to drain as well. Disconnect the hose from the tray inlet, shove it in a garden hose, turn on you pump & have a smoke. Near empty in no time.

3. Yeah, I'm just going to need a few tables and with the number of units I figured building one would be more cost effective, since I've invested heavily in lights.