A little help with yellowing of the first leaves!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by psychmajor82, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hello, I am new to growing and have decided to get my green thumb. I have nice equipment and everything is running smoothly. They are in a 2x2x8 grow tent in my bedroom. Fans are also constantly running. The plants are a little over a week old (including germination) and seem like they are doing amazingly by their size and growth rate. They are sitting in a mini green house with the plugs in the 3" rockwool cubes. Temperature has been around 75-78 during teh days and 65-71 at night. Humidity is present by looking at the sides of the greenhouse. This morning when I checked on them I noticed some yellowing of the leaves, not the cotyledon though. This is a hydroponics grow so I have been using rockwool from the start. I have soaked all rockwool in a 5.5 ph for about 2 days before placing the seeds into it. I have kept the ph level around 5.8 and have introduced Bioroot root booster yesterday into the water. I have been using at a small quantity, about half a ml per gallon of water. No nutrients have been added yet and they are on a light cycle of 18/6. I am using a 125 watt Fluorescent light which is about 9 inches above the seedlings. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks for your time :smoke:

Attached Files:

2. Are there nutes in Rock wool for them to survive on their own to begin with? I thought Rock wool was just texture only...

3. As far as I know it is just a medium. There are no nutrients in it. When you buy them, you have to soak them for awhile in 5.5 ph because they are too high ph new. The only nutrients they are receiving right now besides their own is the root booster I added, but it was a fraction of what is normally recommended. Just figured i would introduce it slowly so I don't burn them.