a little help with a tattoo idea?

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by NFloyd2357, Oct 13, 2009.

1. I can't really draw, but i wanna get my first tattoo.

I want the focus to be something like a moth searching for the light. So obviously theres going to be a moth and light. I want something incorporating guitar or music into the light part - maybe the moth would be kind of trippy looking and have lyrics inside of it or somehow making it (lyrics would be either... the ones in my sig, or a verse from pink floyds Time)

i wanna get a tat now, and i think this idea has potential. I want it on my shoulder blade btw.

Id like to keep it black and white, maybe just have some color where the "light" is.

anyone who helps me out, your effin sick!!!
    anyone who actually draws up some kind of idea, giant hug, +rep, and money if i somehow find a lot of it :p

and of course a picture of the tat on the city as soon as its done

[edit] i think i definitely want the lyrics "with every mistake we must surely be learning, still my guitar gently weeps," incorperated with the moth "searching," for the light, which has a guitar or music or something in it

2. Well, my suggestion would be to find a reputible tattoo artist in your area, and describe that tattoo that same when to them. They'll draw it up for you just as well, if not better than most of us would.

I'm not much of a drawer either anymore, but I drew up all of my tattoo's myself, and then had the artist "fine tune" each of them before inking them on me, lol.

3. yea i just talked to my friend and thats what he said to do. I think i'm just going to go with him since hes getting his finished within the month - hes got a good artist, and i want a friend there because i'm a little bitch lol. I'd imagine the shoulder blade would hurt, too

4. Well, I got my whole upper back done when I was 18...now keep in mind I'm a really skinny guy, like 140lbs, lol...but my sholder blades hurt and bled more than any other place I've gotten ink...and I have my whole left side of my rib cage done, one of my arms, and underneath both of my biceps. Not trying to say it's unbearable pain, because it's not at all, that was just the most sensative area for me.

Don't be worried about it though, tattoo's really don't hurt that much if you have a small tolerance for pain.

5. yea, im 135 lbs so yea. I have a high pain threshold though so i should be good. ANd i have a good painkiller connect lol, but i dno if thats bad for whilst getting tatted. I know some drugs will make you bleed more so ill look into that haha. Im not too worried about the pain though, but i am a little:eek:

6. bleeding really depends on the how good the artistst is at his craft,this i know from exp.and the only real pain is if you have really big areas of color or shade.i got back piece, bicep, and one very big black tribal 1/2 sleeve.and for the worst was sleeve ,back underneath my bicep,and jus an idea get a moth or what have with a light type burst surrounding it

7. Thug life on the chest. Keep it gangsta

8. I've got a few tatts, I've designed a few of them myself. I like your idea a lot. Make sure you get it big enough, writing looks shit when it's too small. Italics always looks nice on tatts.

Imo, the pain is awesome, but then I'm a bit kinky. :p

9. i got lots and lots of tats almost everywhere there is to get them...and i must say i like the pain of getting them as much as haveing them

10. I took your ideas and threw something together today.. I just did it for fun, and maybe itll give you some more ideas.

[​IMG]