A little heat stress?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tallen3334, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Here is a picture of an Alien OG. She looks like she has a little heat stress to me. What do you blades think? Shes about 11 days old. Temps stay between 78-82 and about 50percent humidity. Pictures don't show color well because of the LEDs but she has no discoloration. Just a little bit of upwards curling leaves.

Attached Files:

2. What are you actually growing in?  How close are you LRD lamps, and how many watts? 

Using nutes?

PH?

Temps seem fine. RH fine.

3. I think this strain just reacts this way to any stress. I have the same problem with my Alien OG when none of my other strains are doing this. At first I feared broad mites but if it were mites, it should have affected more than the one strain. After searching online, I've seen several picks of Alien OG with leaf curl, but still growing big sexy buds, so I'm not trippin about it. Just add more airflow and try to address the issuers the leaf curl is pointing out.

4. Running 2 Mars 400 Reflector Series along with a Mars II 1200. Soil is a 50/50 mix of FFoF and Perlite. Runoff PH is around 6.2. No nutes have been used. The one Reflector Series is probably 18 inches above the top of the plant.

5. Also 8 inch Hyper fan attached to 8x24 Phresh filter for exhaust. Have a couple small fans circulating air throught room as well.

6. Anyone else may think it's something different?

Everything sounds right. It could just be a tad too hot for that strain, but it's really not that hot. If the color looks good, I wouldn't worry too much. I would actually go ahead and feed nutrients with next watering. It's looking good from here.

8. Thanks for the reply hippie. You think it's ready for nutes? I was going to wait another week.

9. #10 killset, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    No nutes....I still see the cotyledon leaves. They're the 1st set of rounded leaves that show up. The bottom most leaves now. They contain everything that is needed for your plant. They'll yellow and eventually fall off. Then it depends on your soil. Some soils, like ffof, already have some nutes in them and can go awhile with nothing.

10. Exactly why I wasn't going nutes yet. I'm probably good another week or so.

11. your probably good for longer then a week. Ffof already has nutes in it. I used to grow with ffof, it has enough in it to almost make it through veg unless you veg a long time. Let the plant tell you when it needs nutes. It won't be ready in a week, not with the cotleydon leaves still on, not with it in ffof.

12. Thanks Killset. We are definitely on the same page. Honestly I just think my light has been a little too close and it's caused the heat stress. I raised it up a little and I believe I'm going to be set.

13. What do you guys think this is? I'm starting to get very faint brown spots along the edge of my plants leaves. I only say them because of the LED lighting. I was able to take a picture with an arrow pointing to the visible ones in normal light. Other than the little heat stress I don't know what it could be. PH is around 6.2 on runoff. Could it be calmag deficiency?

Attached Files:

14. No one has any input? I know it's difficult to see but if you zoom in you can see it around the edges about the blue arrow.

15. This one must still be stumping everyone.

16. They look good to me....let them grow!!:)~

Ima joker, ima smoker, ima midnight TOKER!!!

I don't see any sign of any heat stress. The first photos it looks a bit over watered to me, but the last photos looks fine now. I don't see anything worth worrying about

18. I've watered them 3 times in 2 weeks lol.

Without knowing a ton of other factors I don't see your point. But as I said, it looks ok now