A Little CFL Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ramblin', Mar 18, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find an answer to my question. How would I go about wiring five of these to a wall plug? I have a good idea of what I would like to do, I just need a bit of help. Also will five 55w (3600 lumens each) CFLs wire to a single plug, or is this too many? Thanks a bunch for the help, I am excited to be able to grow my medicine legally for the first time!

2. You want to make a parallel circuit. 5 55 watt lights will not over load any thing. each light has 2 wires join one wire from one side of the light to one wire of to where it gets pluged into. do this with all lights.

3. [​IMG]

http://www.lowes.com/pd_102225-353-95104_0_?productId=3082805&Ntt=cord&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntk=i_products$rpp=60$No=180$Ntt=cord

Make sure you get at least a 14 gauge cord to wire the project and for the extension cord. 12 would probably be better but I bet you could get by with 14.

put them like that and you'll have your babies ready to go

Good luck with your grow!

4. Thanks a bunch, I knew it was simple, I'm just not much of an electrician.

5. Yeah electricity isn't something people should mess around with unless they know and understand what they're doing, so just to make sure you were safe (and i was a little bored) I decided to make you a picture hahaha