A little bit disappointed in Amsterdam

Discussion in 'General' started by Tokeanchill, Mar 12, 2014.

1. So just got back from a 3 day weekend in Amsterdam (was incredible) I loved every minute of it. However while I was there I bought some "cannabis cookies" the thing says on the label "real cannabis inside" and seeming how I was high the entire weekend off of smoking raw weed (which I bought from a legit coffee-shop) I figured when I saw an bucket of cookies that said "real cannabis inside" I figured it meant "real cannabis inside" if ya know what I mean- ....wrong, after two days and trying them several at time, I began to research and figure out they're made from "real hemp extract, no real effects"

I'm a little upset and disappointed now :(

2. bummer..

but i wouldn't blame a whole city for it.

3. Yeah I guess you could say the thread title was a little overstated. I suppose after all the hype and excitement of my first time there and reading an edibles label, in a marijuana tolerated city, that was covered in marijuana leaves and read "real cannabis inside" .... I shouldn't really have expected much

4. Shouldn't Amsterdam be disappointed in you for not reading the label?

5. Did it atleast taste good

6. There are so many tourists who go for the sole purpose of getting weed.  Of course there is going to be others who capitalize on those of them who don't know enough or pay enough attention to notice the rip off.

7. Well...I guess they weren't wrong

8. lol what part of I read the label makes you think I did not read the label. It's worthy to note that nowhere on the packaging did it say anything about not having thc effects. I suppose I could have asked "hey is this shit gonna get me high?"
    My point here is I bought weed cookies ...in amsterdam... Again maybe I'm wrong here but most people would have expected ....oh I don't know, weed cookies?
    I mean dam, It was just a simple post, maybe so people can heed a warning if they ever go there to not buy them and get ripped off, as turbotoke said, they were simply capitalizing, it's business, I get it.

9. #9 sKiTz-0, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2014
    I gotta say I agree with the OP. If I'd have bought the cookies whilst in Amsterdam I would have been expecting them to have been sold with the main purpose being that they get you high. However, the title of the thread did lead me to think that you were disappointed with Amsterdam as a whole. Upon reading the thread I discovered this was not the case. A better title would have been "warning about buying weed cookies in Amsterdam" maybe? Something like that.

Cheers for the heads up anyway Tokeanchill.

I love Amsterdam. It's such an awesome place. I love how everyone walking round is stoned. It's just surreal lol. Gotta go back sometime soon, I've not been in years.

Does anyone remember the guitar guy who follows you round singing at you until you give him money to go away? Always singing the most hilarious songs about you and your mates. I don't think he's there anymore. He wasn't the last time I went anyways.

10. Amsterdam blows, all the hype is its legal to buy weed there.

11. #11 Tokeanchill, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
    Thank you skitz, yes Amsterdam is a beautiful and incredible city, let alone the fact you can freely enjoy your herb :) - and yes the guitar guy is there my wife and I ran into him 3 times.

12. unlucky, i had some weed medeira cake when i was there it was fucking delicious and it knocked me on me arse