A little advice please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KD123, Nov 30, 2008.

1. I currently have a 2 day old sprout in soil. The soil content is 2 parts, worm castings, 3 parts organic soil, 2 parts perlite and 3 handfuls of sand. The soil temp is 85 and air temp is 80 with 40% humidity. When I planted the seed, I first watered the soil first and let it drain, and then I planted the seed and put a bggie over it. The seed sprouted and is 2 days old. The sprout is 2 inches tall and comes out of the ground blood red and turns a pale lime where the stem meets the 4 leaves. I have it under 4 cool white floro's 24/7.

What I am wondering is when should I start nutes? There were so many differing ideas about this when I researched that I am still undecided. I thought I would wait 3 more days and then start on a 12.5% diluded mix of 20-30-20 to give the roots aboost and then after a couple of weeks switch to a 20-10-20 for the rest of veg. cycle.

I would appreciate any help I can get:wave:

2. i do 1/4 strength when the first leaves turn yellow and fall. then they get full strength after re-potting. but you ave enuf in your soil to go till you re-pot

3. Thanks! :D

4. I only ever give organic ferts, but I use full strength from the word go. Never had a problem.

5. Yeah, eventually I would like to go organic completely.;)

6. Glad to hear it. I buy an organic fert, BioCanna, but you probably won´t get that where you are. But there are lots of others. And I make my own Russian comfrey fert - link below. Good luck.

7. I actually read that link about a month ago when researching, excellent resource. Thank you for taking the time to reply.:)