A little advice, please?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by britlcx3, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Right on man it looks good. Stretching a bit as you already know but the JD is rocking. You will want to snag some base nutrients for veg and bloom and some good soil to transplant into.

You're on your way to harvest time!

2. The JD Is currently in some Hyponex potting soil, i added worm castings and some perlite to the bucket. What would you recommend for Nutes? I know next to nothing about them and this is my first grow.

Also, I'm running the lights on 24/7, is that going to be a problem?

I also added another 150W equivalent to the closet.

3. Any foundation nutes will do. Fox Farms trio, Canna a & b, etc... Usually one for veg (high in N) and one for flower (high in P & K). Just make sure to go light on them until you find your rhythm. Lights at 24/7 is fine until they are ready for flower.

4. Thank you very much! I will order some of the Fox Farm trio and a friend of mine has already started looking into some good nutes.

But to make a bad day even worse...I just got in to find 3 of the Reggie plants have fallen over while some are sill standing.

What does this look like to you guys?

Attached Files:

5. How is the soil, wet or dry? Watering sched so far?

6. Thanks for the fast response Lornado if +rep if I could but I'm posting from the app.

The soil is dry, I water the plants once a day everyday at around 2 PM.

7. Hmmm, I'd say dry or too wet for falling over. They may have stretched and weakened stems so you will be susceptible to these kind of issues. If you fix the prob they will bounce back quickly and it is pretty normal for seedlings to do this outdoors w/ funky weather. I'd water soil till it runs and then wait until it's good and dry. Usually takes about 3-5 days in solo cups but your working w/ less "dirt" :) Good luck and sorry for the ill-experienced answer but I've never worked outside of cups. Try to water the weak ones a bit.

8. Your advice has been great so far bud and i greatly appreciate it.

Well I watered extra carefully as you instructed and I'm going to put another small fan on the other side of the closet to try and help those stems get a little stronger. My fingers are crossed.

A little good news, my Super Skunk has broken soil. I'll smoke a bowl to that. :smoke:

9. Ahhhh yeah! Super Skunk ftw! I'll smoke to that too. :smoking: So will my girl. :smoking: So will my dog. :smoking: And cat. :smoking: And fish. :smoking:

10. That's what's up! :smoking:

Well, I watered them after our posting last night and then once more today at 3 PM. Checked on them at 9 PM and they were showing signs of recovery. One plant is standing again, one is still gathering its strength at half way and one is still lying down. So it seems your advice was once more helpful. My babies pretty much owe you their life at this point.

Also, a picture of the sprouted Supa Skunk. :metal:

Attached Files:

11. No problem man! They are looking better for sure. :) Try a PHd foliar spray w/o any nutes and lower the frequency of the waterings. Just make sure when you do water, you give them a good dose without drowning the stems so they fall over.

I'm glad to help out if I can at all. Ask away if you have any more questions!

12. Just figured I'd post a picture or two of the Jack Diesel and let you guys know how she is doing.

I am also in the process of starting out 4 feminized Lemon Kush, 1 feminized Royal Cheese & 12 mid-grade seeds, 6 of which have already popped up and 6 more ready to be put into dirt.

Attached Files: