A letter to the people...

Discussion in 'General' started by Serapsis, Mar 18, 2009.

1. #1 Serapsis, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2009
    I've been writing this and revising it for the past couple days.

Just a note, I'm not sure if I'm 100% done.
    I think the "[FONT=&quot]While I’m on the prison subject" paragraph needs a bit more work.
    If anyone has any suggestions what to do with it I'm open for it.

I also posted this in the MMJ Minnesota thread on the Activism part of GC, but specifically I want it to speak to the non-activist as most of you don't visit that part of GC. So please, mods, don't delete my efforts. Thank you, and Enjoy.

Remember, there's power in numbers, and right now momentum is on our side... feed the fire, blaze the nation. Truth cant fought or ignored, only avoided... and only avoided for so long.

If you want to help I'm going to work on getting this published online somewhere "durable" so it can stand up to the masses of digg.com. If you like go to digg.com and make a profile and help support the Cannabis legalization cause by digging any articles related to cannabis, or whatever, to your hearts content.

http://cannabisletter.blogspot.com/

Digg link:
    http://digg.com/political_opinion/Stop_the_Stupidity_Open_letter_to_anti_marijuana_officials

2. tl;dr

I'm just kidding. I got about halfway through and what I read was very well written, but I'm definitely going to bed now. I would remove or revise this paragraph:
    That's not really a reasonable position to take if you want this guy to take you seriously.

3. i thought it was very well written man:wave::smoking:

4. #4 Serapsis, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    I think i shall add that - as of march there has already been close to 3,000 drunk driving deaths this year- FACT

I'm going to hold off on any responses, this is for your enjoyment and to use if you wish to send to your news stations/papers, and state elected officials. You have my permission, no credit needs to be given, all that matters is the message.

5. It's great that you're taking the time to do this.

lol penis straws.

6. Well put.

I wonder however, if some state representatives make more money because of the war on drugs?

7. I would definately take out the paragraph about driving high, your paragraph is complete assumption. I know several people who have been pulled over and given a ticket for driving under the influence of marijuana. Also, just because you haven't heard of someone getting into an accident high doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

8. In Illinois its illegal to drive under the influence of any metabolite that alters the mind. You can be arrested DUI of marijuana. Thats a solid letter though...i would take out more I's and just hit them with the facts. They don't give 2 shits what you think, but your facts cannot be argued..its there in black and white.

9. That's an awesome letter. It just sucks that more than likely it will be read, deleted (or thrown away) and never thought twice about. But Hey, who knows, you may strike a chord with the right person.

10. It's being published in at least 2 news papers
    (an older version, hopefully I can get to them with the revised one before prin)

11. Hell yeah, that's cool.

12. One more bump for awareness.
    More diggs would be good, get that bitch on the front page maybe.

Also, thanks for the comments and +reps from those who enjoyed the letter. I'm glad you did.

have a nice day :] I'm out

I have no doubt in my mind that some pharmaceutical companies lobby and bribe them to vote in their direction to make it stay illegal. Same goes for some of the bad cops that profit from helping put people in prison. We live in a sick world.