A Houseplant Issue

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Misc, Feb 2, 2011.

1. So I've had this plant for little over a year now--this is the first plant I've ever tried to care for. There's a lot of new leaves (which are looking fine) at the bottom and top of the stem, but the older leaves in the middle have started browning on the tips/look rather droopy.

Here's a picture; I know he's kinda gangly-looking, but you'll see what I'm talking about. I stopped fertilizing him about three weeks ago, and since then there's been a lot of nice new leaves coming in. What I'm wondering is did the mid-section suffer from nutrient/freezer burn? I left him outside one cold night, and I was also fertilizing him every week. But I stopped all that three weeks ago.

[​IMG]

2. hi:wave:

all of my houseplants suffer from 'shock' when i bring them in. leaves crumple up and dry off like yours.

i think its because outside they can use more light. inside they are limited so they adjust accordingly.

ps: i make sure that when i bring mine in, i dont fert them and water them MUCH less. iv had many plants rot. :( but it looks like your fine.

3. Yeah, use less water and skip 1-2 feedings when you bring plants indoors. Try not to exceed 5-7 days or the plant will likley die

:)