Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A guide to police encounters

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by juiceycakes, May 9, 2009.

1. if you are new to smoking, READ THIS...i cannot stress enough how badly it sucks to get fucked for something you can easily prevent

IF CAUGHT/SUSPECTED OF HAVING/DEALING/POSSESSING/USING MARIJUANA, KNOW YOUR FUCKING RIGHTS. Too many times have I seen new tokers consent to a search without knowing it, only to be fucked in the long run. POLICE WILL TRY TO TRICK YOU INTO CONSENTING. An easy way to tell if they are trying to pull this on you is if they ask to search your bag. If they had enough probable cause to search you, they wouldnt ask. But if you politely tell them "no, i do not consent to any searches of my person or belongings." they will know that you have outsmarted them and will most likely to back off...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A GUIDE OF POLICE ENCOUNTERS/RESPONSES

if a policeman approches you, and you have contraband, heres what to do.

make sure all pockets are zipped, and all doors are locked. wahtever they see in plain sight they can use againt you so dont be stupid. hide it well

they will most likely ask if you have been abusing substances and if you have any on you. if you say no, but they have enough reason to suspect you for it, you will get twice as fucked. if you say yes, youre just an idoit. heres a sample of what the conversatin should not look like, followed by what it SHOULD look like. P=police Y=you

P-do you have any weed on you
    Y-no sir i do not
    P-i have enough information to suspect you do, so may i search your backpack
    Y-yes sir i have nothing to hide

the policeman searches your bag and finds a pipe that has been recently used. he will then do a field drug test, and most likely arrest you.

heres what you should properly do.

P-do you have any weed or illegal items on you
    Y-why do you ask that
    P-i may have information that says you do
    Y-am i being detained?
    P-no but may i search your bag to make sure?
    Y-no you may not search me or my personal belongings. if i am not being detained, am i free to go?
    P-if i fnd out you are lying to me, i will punish you to the full extent of the law. i ask again, do you have any weed or paraphenalia?
    Y-i dont recall. if i am not being detained it is my right to have the freedom to leave when i please. have a nice day.

he will not be able to arrest you without probable cause, which he doesent have. so remember what i said and USE IT. dont let the law intimidate you into doing stupid things.

GOOD RESPONSES TO POLICE QUESTINING

"are you detaining me?"
    "do you have a warrant?"
    "i would like to consult an attorney"
    "i dont recall/remember"
    "if im not being detained, am i free to go?"

and suck things along those lines...

i hope ths was helpful

2. This guide...is completely wrong.

3. The op did his best, and he got some things right, like not throwing penis shaped rocks at them ;)

+rep for his troubles.

4. Lol I'm 80% this is a joke but if it's not then wowwwww.

Also, I can already see a few things wrong with this guide, here's the first.

P- Do you have any illegal items on you?
    Y - I don't recall
    P - I didn't ask you if you recall, I asked you if you do or not, it is a yes or no question.

5. Sorry for the double post but sometimes just being honest can make the officer feel the need to go easy on you.

p - Do you have any illegal items on you?
    Y - Yes sir I have a pipe and a bit of marijauna

You should only do this when:
    A. You have a very small amount of weed
    B. Your in a state where it is decriminalized

Don't carry huge bags around with you and you should be fine.
    If your respectful and honest alot of cops will appreciate that and go easy on you. I know some people here might think it's stupid, but it's really not. It's alot better than arguing with the cop and then he eventually finds the weed in a search and discovers your lying, then he WILL want to punish you to the full extent of the law.

6. very bad advice. DO NOT do this.

it is not a cops duty, job, or right to determine, if or by what degree that you are guilty! that is for a judge to decide in your day in court. a day which may be entirely avoidable if you don't say stupid stuff like that!

sorry man, but ive gotta -rep you for that =/ its a very dangerous idea. do not forget that there is still a war on drugs going on in the states, and as pointless as it seems, we are still the enemy in this and our only defense is the pages upon pages of local, state and federal laws, along with ammendments and the constitution itself guaranteeing our basic freedoms.

7. In all fairness he did say 'in States that have decrminialized'. In those cases it's just a civil fine or no punishment at all for small amounts.

I still wouldn't recommend it. You have the right to remain silent, the right to be protected against illegal searches, and the right to not incriminate yourself. Use them :)

8. Well I hate to say it but I have seen/heard of numerous cases in which the cops ended up saying "I appreciate your honesty and cooperation so I'll just confiscate what you got and send you on your way."

Although it is dangerous because there are only certain cops who will do this, it's worth a try if you are in a decriminalized state.

9. It's a big risk in any State really when you are perfectly within your rights to just say nothing. You don't have to lie to them, you just don't answer the question and assert your rights.

10. I dont really think thats right at all, that sounded like a childish conversation the way things were worded