Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A guide to encounters with the law

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by juiceycakes, May 9, 2009.

1. IF CAUGHT/SUSPECTED OF HAVING/DEALING/POSSESSING/USING MARIJUANA, KNOW YOUR FUCKING RIGHTS. Too many times have I seen new tokers consent to a search without knowing it, only to be fucked in the long run. POLICE WILL TRY TO TRICK YOU INTO CONSENTING. An easy way to tell if they are trying to pull this on you is if they ask to search your bag. If they had enough probable cause to search you, they wouldnt ask. But if you politely tell them "no, i do not consent to any searches of my person or belongings." they will know that you have outsmarted them and will most likely to back off...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A GUIDE OF POLICE ENCOUNTERS/RESPONSES

if a policeman approches you, and you have contraband, heres what to do.

make sure all pockets are zipped, and all doors are locked. wahtever they see in plain sight they can use againt you so dont be stupid. hide it well

they will most likely ask if you have been abusing substances and if you have any on you. if you say no, but they have enough reason to suspect you for it, you will get twice as fucked. if you say yes, youre just an idoit. heres a sample of what the conversatin should not look like, followed by what it SHOULD look like. P=police Y=you

P-do you have any weed on you
    Y-no sir i do not
    P-i have enough information to suspect you do, so may i search your backpack
    Y-yes sir i have nothing to hide

the policeman searches your bag and finds a pipe that has been recently used. he will then do a field drug test, and most likely arrest you.

heres what you should properly do.

P-do you have any weed or illegal items on you
    Y-why do you ask that
    P-i may have information that says you do
    Y-am i being detained?
    P-no but may i search your bag to make sure?
    Y-no you may not search me or my personal belongings. if i am not being detained, am i free to go?
    P-if i fnd out you are lying to me, i will punish you to the full extent of the law. i ask again, do you have any weed or paraphenalia?
    Y-i dont recall. if i am not being detained it is my right to have the freedom to leave when i please. have a nice day.

he will not be able to arrest you without probable cause, which he doesent have. so remember what i said and USE IT. dont let the law intimidate you into doing stupid things.

GOOD RESPONSES TO POLICE QUESTINING

"are you detaining me?"
    "do you have a warrant?"
    "i would like to consult an attorney"
    "i dont recall/remember"
    "if im not being detained, am i free to go?"

and suck things along those lines...

i hope ths was helpful

2. That's some good info for the nubes. Also try not being stupid in the about where and when you smoke in the first place. I've been caught twice with weed and it was never a big deal but I live in a pot friendly area. Also acting mature and respecting the officer is a really good way to get him on your side. As soon as he makes the assumption that you're just another dumb kid that smokes pot your situation just got a little more difficult.

3. thanks man that helps alot.

but will this actually work?

4. #4 dankers hill SD, May 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2009
    thats pretty good info, but hes not going to let you jsut walk away after finding a pipe ON YOUR PERSON. He will prolly give you a paraphenalia ticket if you're trying to be a smart-ass like this and ask him if "you're being detained" and all that. And oh if you do ask that after hes found the pipe which smells like reefer he has probable cause to search you. and if he doesnt want use the probable cause one he can site you for the pipe and to cited YOU MUST BE DETAINED(and detained doesnt have to mean jail, it can mean with him until further investigation). Now that he has you detained for the ticket oh btw i found the weed you had in your backpack. BRACELETS! depending on where you live.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, if you didnt already know this.

5. hahaha finding a pipe was part of the first scienerio - with consent. the other one, and advised response if to see if the officer has an possible "cause of arrest", thats why you ask am i being detined and free to go

6. wtf ur retarted, for one you dont clearly differentiate between scenarios and from reading it again, you are linking the 2 scenarios:
    "the policeman searches your bag and finds a pipe that has been recently used. he will then do a field drug test, and most likely arrest you.

heres what you should properly do."

you then go on to discuss the asking if you're detained stuff. Now i can understand if the cop just walks up outta nowhere and asks "do you have any weed on you?" The abvious response should be no. But if you were minding your own business to begin with the cop shouldnt and wont ask you dumb shit like that.

7. It was easy enough for me to understand. The first scenario was the "incorrect" way to have a conversation with an officer. The second scenario was the "correct" way. Duh!

8. ya it was easy as hell to understand, that guy up there talkin shit about what you wrote is the only one that cant differentiate between the scenarios he wrote out apparently

9. Does this all apply to the UK?

10. good guide and it was easy to understand...I'm curious about the "I don't recall" response to being questioned if one has weed/paraphernalia. Wouldn't such a response arouse suspicion in the officer? I realize it is a way to avoid saying yes or no to that question in order to protect yourself, but could there be a better way to respond without saying yes/no? Or is saying "I don't recall" a legally safe thing to say? Thanks for the help.

11. Exactly what I was thinking. It's like saying "I don't remember if I have any weed on me." Which is pretty weird. Why not just say no?

12. B/c this guys persons' "guide to encounters with the law" is BS, wont work, and will only lead to you getting arrested. Everyone could use this guide as much as they need a second asshole.

13. Umm...it makes perfect sense. Lol. I read your other posts about how it doesn't make sense...But it does. :eek:

And what part of SD you in?

14. ya if a cop asks you if you have weed or a pipe on you, dont say "i dont recall"

15. this is completely stupid a cop can a cop can detain you until they get a dog.

I have had small amounts of marijuana on me and a portable vape and i told the cop i did and he let me go. i let him search my vehicle it was 2 grams he let me go if you piss him off he is going to try harder do not treat cops like there stupid.

16. I stand with what i said above, and as more people look at this thread they undoubtedly will say hmmm "i dont recall" that sounds like SOMETHING I SHOULDNT SAY TO A COP!

SoCal I stay in Bankers Hill. Whats good?