A guide on when to harvest.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dc199, Sep 15, 2010.

1. fix broken photos please!
    This is a great post!

• Like Like x 2
  2. The photos were hosted on a member of another sites forums. When he deleted his account, it carried through and broke the pictures links.
    Perhaps this will help a little, then some of the growers will get a chance to pipe in.?

Trichomes when To harvest

:smoke:

3. I cant seem to see the pictures . it won't allow me probably whereas im using my mobile.
    But i have so many questions.
    So many people keep saying to me "its time to cut her down", & i feel like it aint. shes an accidently grown but muchly appreciated beauty. but the buds are small and not really thickening up yet. ill add some pics if i figure out how. lol 20161127_093243.jpg 1480261731006-336089682.jpg 20161127_093243.jpg

4. Could I get a little help on when to harvest. Plants been on 12/12 for about 7 going on 8bweeks . don't wanna chop early first grow and don't have a microscope of anytype . lsd is the strain and it said 7 to 9 weeks . those first 3 are 3 diffrent buds growing I'm scared to sample to see what the meds do at this point blah haha noob here

Attached Files:

5. I'd say its got some time left. Can't really make that call from a regular pic tho. Do yourself a favor buy a microscope.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Thanks I figured like 2 weeks cause the hairs are rusting from oxygen but then I looked at litterally 20 diff videos and it made me lost so I'll prob have a month left or so also it might be week 6 because I counted first of flowering first day I put on 12/12

7. Hi guys, my plant is under close scrutiny because I am trying to decide whether or not if I should harvest the top colas of my Auto AK.

The plant is roughly 6 1/2 - 7 weeks into flowering and still showing a lot of white hairs, but when examining the trichomes with a microscope, the trichomes are mostly milky with a few amber ones here and there.

Judging by the pics I've posted, do you guys think it is too early to cut the top colas off? Or should I wait until the hairs have mostly turned orange?

[​IMG] "
    [​IMG]

8. I would wait until those pistils start to recede. She's still got some swelling to do my friend.

9. Can anyone help give me a rough estimate on how long I have to go until harvest. It's my first grow and I'm trying to decide if I should keep feeding bloom nutes or switch to plain water. 20170212_185944.jpg 20170212_185939.jpg 20170212_185926.jpg 20170212_185919.jpg 20170209_105657.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Spartakus!

11. No problem. Those white pistols look like they were still shooting. So def wait until they change color. The buds look plump. But I'd wager they will pick up more weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pictures don't do it justice and they are a few days old but I'd say I'm at 60-70% redish pistils at this point, they started changing over rapidly over the course of this past week.

Last feed of nutes was Tuesday. Water with molasses on Thursday. Straight water Saturday. Water with clearex from botainicare planned either Monday or Tuesday.

Trichs are all cloudy with just the occasional amber.

Attached Files:

13. Update here:

I gave my last round of nutes on 2/14 so ten days ago. Since then I have given water with molasses 2/16. Straight water 2/18.Water with Botanicare Clearex 2/20. Water with Botanicare Clearex about 2 gallons per 5 gallon pot with significant runoff on 2/22.

I took a small popcorn bud to test, dried overnight open air and smoked a bowl...destroyed me!

Trichs are all cloudy but only a few ambers here and there. Pistils are 70% red with no major bunches of new white pistils.

Soil is still pretty moist from the flush 2 days ago. Should I flush them again or just chop them this weekend?

Also I was planning on doing the last 48 hours on a 8/16 light schedule as I heard this makes them swell and resin up further...any thoughts or suggestions?

As always any help is much appreciated!

Attached Files:

14. Anyone have an opinion on whether or not I should flush one more time?

Also anyone have experience, positive or negative, with running a 6/18 light cycle for the last 48 hours?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Alright so quick question purple kush is 60 days into flower but still doesnt quite look ready anyone care to weight in please

Attached Files:

16. Is it 60 days from the switch or since when you first started seeing flowers?

It does look like you could use a bit more time. Maybe give it around a week and just keep checking the trichs and keep an eye on the pistils as well. After a week it may be time to cut any nutrients and let her go another week or so after that and then chop her.

17. 60 days from switch but had 3months of veg so when I switched it dint take much time for flowers to pop.

Attached Files:

18. I chopped my plants 63 days after switch but I don't know what strain so was kind of blind. Do you have a 30x jewlers loupe? That definitely helped me, once i saw ambers everytime i looked at buds or sugar leaves under 30x without having to search for the amber trichs i chopped them. I probably chopped with about 10% amber trichs because i wanted upbeat high not couchlock and i was told this helps.

19. Well I dont have one but will pick one up. I can clearly see they are milky white im just afraid im too early :s some buds look ready but some are still blooming... If you look at the second picture in my first post and zoom in you see the trichromes but im not sure if its because they arent ready or if im just hearthbroken to chop it down...:s