A guide on when to harvest.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dc199, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hey can anyone tell me if this looks ready? i cut a piece off last night I am starting to get white mold as well any help would be greatly apperciated

Attached Files:

2. Those pics make it really easy to tell

3. #663 gnarlygnar, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
    Hey guys first timer here...

I'm thinking about harvesting tomorrow but I'm not 100% if the time is right. I trimmed off the majority of the fan leaves earlier today, but now I'm having second thoughts.
    Anyone care to chime in?
    Thanks!

P.S. I don't have a special microscope to look at the trichromes

Attached Files:

4. I don't have a loop either or a scope but I'm going by weeks and hair color I'm at 7 1/2 weeks I'm gonna pull one this weekend and let the rest of another week or so

5. hello. I just started my flowering cycle a week and a half ago. I have 1 indica 1 sativa i believe ( first grow decided to use the mystery seeds) now what im looking for is an energetic high over couchlock. I have no idea what the strains are. Do you think it would be worth harvesting the indica early to try and get a more energetic high out of it

6. Hey dmonz... dont know how much help I can be to you because its really hard to tell indica/sativa sometimes unless you absolutely know its genetic background. Some sativas that are pure are easier to differentiate because of their appearance ( usually grow taller with thinner leaves, longer flower cycle & not as dense yields. A lot of mystery seeds could've been an accident as well & could be a hybrid. The best way to get that high you want is to grow the plant you feel is a sativa out fully & take good care of her! Choppin early on an indica will just cause a potentially immature plant & the terpene profile will not be developed. Im sure you have friends that like indicas & they're also more medicinal & great for sleep.

7. hello guys I was wondering if someone could tell me if these look ready to harvest? any help would be much appreciated...thx u and happy new year

Attached Files:

8. Hey now, by just those pics I would say not yet, pretty close, a bud shot or whole plant pic may help a lot, I thought my plants were ready about a month ago, got a loupe and just waited it out, finally pulled a few days ago, 75% cloudy 25 % amber is my preference, varies by person

9. #670 k7377, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
    I have another post in the sick plant section with the whole picture of the plant because my upper leaves are turning yellow and crispy

10. Not really close enough pics to see my man, but lookin good. If you're unsure I always wait an extra week or 2 & then chop em! Enjoy bro!

• Like Like x 2
  11. I started harvesting at 65 days and grew a few plants til past 70 recently. Most of my plants are listed as 60-65 day strains, but it didn't seem to hurt at all to go a little longer and some of the ones that I left to ripen ended up yielding more and being more aromatic and resinous, at least from my highly subjective viewpoint.

12. JUST TOO BAD THAT THE PICS AREN'T THERE ,WOULD BE SO MUCH MORE HELPFUL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Agreed, it is bizarre that GC keeps threads as stickies when the pics from the first page of info are gone. Whats the point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Be nice if someone should go through and tidy up the place .

15. I really wanted to see those pics god damn it!

16. How come I can't see any pics? Sorry I'm new at this.also may I ask how much experience you have? Reason why I ask is everyone (and their brother )I know goes by trichs

17. You can't go by yellow or dying leaves that could be due to a deficiency plus that is also normal towards the end of your harvest but doesn't tell you when your ready to chop.go by the color of your trichs.mostly cloudy more of a head high the more amber the more of a couch lock body high

18. PICS?!?!?! MOD PLEASE FIX PICS!!! USELESS THREAD WITHOUT PICS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Would definitely help to see the pics.

• Like Like x 1