a grumble about editing...

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Digit, Oct 9, 2006.

1. is it so? can we only edit after so long?

2. i dunno, lemme try.

nope. anytime :)

3. According to the settings that I just checked, you have 30 days to edit a post. It wasn't someone's "stupid idea" but rather something that was attached to the latest update.

4. well, i still think it's stupid, i can follow many lines of thought and rational that may lead to such a decision to make it so, but such lines of thoughts clearly miss all the reasons not to do so.

this is a grumble that wont go away until this limitation does.

oh, and thnx for letting me know how long we got though.

5. haha. cool, digit. what harm is there is editing? :confused: not a big deal to me, though...that robot still on here, too, what r ya gonna do...besides voice your opinion of course:).

6. and YOU'RE using the confused smilie?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

eh?

meh, could hire some hackers to attack the site, could go behind the scenes and kick up some private fuss with the mods in PMs, though of course, that wouldnt be the intent, the intent would be to voice some reason and logic and attempt to provide the other possable outcomes and inputs into governing policy so that improvements can be made that benefit everyone, or to inspire some open discussion about what would benefit the comunity.... but previous attempts at that have just created fuss.... mainly outta my frustration with being hit with brick wall dogmatic authoritarianism that has been too long institutionalised to the throws of government... just like all previous social experiments have proven. meh... sorry about letting the rant inside my head out... its been trapped in there for a while, and was sure to squeeze out when something happened that offended my sence of "how is the best way this can function, what's already functioning well, what can function better". like when i try to save everyone alot of bother by adding updated instructions to a thread when someone else found a better way... i'm no longer allowed to ensure they all know this better way from the first post and only those who've read the whole thing have more chance than the guy who figured out the better way of doing the better way, otherwise, they're stuck with the unecessary outdated longhaul way, because updating first posts is now technologically denied... in some kind of sacrafice of liberty for "security" perversion, a grosse example of backwards incompatability, or intentional inferiority programming? to make us percieve at a later date that "things are getting better"? fuck that. the parallels visable on this site are just as disgusting now as they were earlier in this milenia.

and if anyone reading this is getting upset that i could possably be getting upset about this... ... just TRY, at least, to see things where i'm coming from, i know that achieving that is quite probably unlikely given you're the type to get upset about someone else getting upset, but perhaps you've not yet considered that i can "sence" things, patterns, that you cannot, and i'm squaking like a canary down the mine shaft.

fucking wake up! there's a gas leak everyone! and though it may be slow, if we dont do something about it we're all either gonna suffocate or get blown up! so do something about it!

parallels.