A growing obsession

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by wildc@rd, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Perhaps it's just me, but on my travels trawling through the internet with all it's sites, there seems to be a lot of forums where a large part of the discussions are concerning time travel....

Is it just an interesting subject or is there something else going on...?

Any thoughts....

Oh and as Mulder said, "I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean people aren't out to get me'....

2. It's very simple, there's a time based cold war going on that started somewhere in the future, it's all about carefully placing little 'time bombs' throughout history to make certain things happen, and the less obvious they are the less anyone in this time war will be able to change it.

So whoever can change the past without anyone noticing is going to win.

Or people just like the concept.

3. Time travel may be possible but changeing the past is impossible, you could however have caused the present,

good example, if i went back in time to kill jrr tolkien so he couldnt write the hobbit, i could go back try to kill him get caught and say what i was doing and he'd think "hmm the hobbit sounds like a good book" and write it, all becaue i tried to stop him, clear? thoguht not

4. i tried to explian that in another thread krapp.

noone could ever go back intime and kill hitler, because he would have already been killed.

5. It is an obsession I think because people so desperately want to change their past, or parts of it. You know the saying, hindsight is always 20/20.

6. I havent heard much about this lately..might be me...although it does intrest me very much...and a good move that talks about it is Donnie Darko...if u havent ever seen that watch it then go to the website. its really awsome