A Grower's Tale

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by oldskoolgrower, Mar 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. If weed gets legal at some point i wanna know those titles.

2. I was thinking the same thing, probably great reads.

3. naht even a quick pm to good ole beachbum? :D:D:D? (kidding). Hopefully we legalize soon...i really do enjoy your writing style. Could you possibly-...nah nvm...that wouldnt work... Fahk man:mad:! Fahk!

4. Actually so far I don't even tell people irl what pen names I use or titles there are. I like living a nice, quiet, anonymous life in the suburbs. My wife and agent so far are the only ones who know what I have and have been working on. Well publishers too but they are pretty good at keeping pen names safe for the most part.

5. Like you've published anything we've heard of :p

I'd recognize your writing style from 'A Grower's Tale' and your coffee lounge short-stories in a heartbeat. You're definitely talented though man.

6. Nice try :) No bestsellers yet but I can say the style is markedly different than anything you'll read here. It has only been a year or two since I was first published and I've no illusions that any of my work will be famous.

I use a deliberately different style in my quick writings here. They are far more off the cuff. Real writing involves a lot of work and revision, not just spewing crap.

Still...nice try! ;)

7. I was kidding. That said, I wouldn't call A Grower's Tale 'spewing crap.'

And about your other work.. I'll believe it when I see it. What's your name again? :poke:

8. #988 G@nja, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    Haven't read all parts yet but i've read 10ish, and well very intresting story sounds like a really eventful life you are having :) and a really nicely flowing style of writing, not over complicated but not badly put together.

I really enjoyed reading your growing story and if you decide to make a fuller story i'm sure it would be as good if not better.

keep it up :)

p.s. I'm jus wonderin what martial arts you have trained in? have you ever learnt any tai chi?

9. That has got to be one of the best stories I've ever read. Im not the kind that likes to read but I was hooked after the first chapter. It seems like you lived life well and did what you wanted to do. I give you props for doing what you truly love to do and even in the hardest times, you still managed. After all those years, you settled down and are enjoying life the way you want to. I hope I can be able to do that one day too. This story actually touched my heart and that's something a story has never been able to do for me. You have my full respect :)

10. Some tai chi but mostly in the form of cross training with my brother, who practices it. My core arts have been shotokan, jujitsu, kenjutsu, and tae kwon do. I also did some muay thai and taijutsu. Oh and some escrima back in the day too.

That's a seriously nice compliment. Thank you very much :)

11. to me, the story sucked.

its cool how you know your shit about pot tho.

12. That's cool. Everyone has different tastes.

13. You took that smoothly:hello:

14. Why wouldn't I? Only an insecure person would take offense on what is a matter of personal taste. It's all good.

15. This is a great story.

16. Beautifully written and suggestively inspiring. Well done.

17. I'm addicted to this story. I was reminded of it again, and just I re-read the whole thing for the 3rd time. As somebody who has just recently graduated highschool and has their whole life to look forward to, I truly admire your writing abilities, the way you have handled many situations in your life, and your overall life experiences. It gives me so much encouragement.

18. Dude this is great! Awesome writing man!

19. Can't believe I haven't read that yet! Great stuff man :wave:

20. Best read in a while. +rep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.