A Great Debate on the Existence of GOD

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Boats And Hoes, Sep 27, 2013.

1. That just means god can't defeat or stop his own creation...all satan is, is the "evil" to keep people goin to church kuz without evil then there's no story...if god created all then he'd have the power to end it all but time and time again they tLk about his own creation outsmarting him and outdoing him...its nonsense...

Sent from Melmac...

2. If god is real, it doesn't show.

3. Well down here on Earth if you do not make a move your opponent does.

Yes, once defined we see we are all God. Once we have a definition we can discuss it's plausibility.

If you are into that sort of thing.

When defined that way he sound's non-existent..

Copleston sounds like he is making special pleading.

You just capitalized god, does this change it's definition? To what may I ask.

Buddha was enlightened, to say he was god whatever that means is weird.

Interesting, you believe we live in a matrix that human beings affect..

They are meditating, jesus.

4. #45 Boats And Hoes, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013

What do you mean by "person" like "you" and "I" -- are you implying God posses physical form?

5. #46 Boats And Hoes, Sep 28, 2013

1.) Does eternity exist?

2.) You didn't listen to single second of the debate... :rolleyes:

6. #47 Boats And Hoes, Sep 28, 2013

Very true...

Something eternal exists - the question is... is this "eternal existence" conscious?

This is the perfect question for an agnositc... it can be the tipping point to either side.

Does this "eternal existence" have a choice?

http://philogb.github.io/notes/spinoza-leibniz-god/

The difference between Abrahamic religions and all other pantheistic, materialistic, Spinozistic, metaphysical doctrines of ontology regarding this Sole existence is that this Sole existence posseses, according to Abraham's religion, freedom of choice (as we do - hence, the freedom to believe in something that may seem absurd or paradoxical to some). For, in some ways, we are made in the image of thee Being. The only objectivity and truth, i.e., reality in-and-of-itself, is Allah - the Almighty.

7. it is fact. i know a lot. been around a lot longer than you or anyone you've ever known.

8. Yahweh feels as we feel. He feels as a parent does towards a disrespectful and ungrateful child. Angry. He is jealous for our love, and I do believe He has forsaken this world as a whole. He could do anything He wanted, and you have to understand if something doesn't happen: it's because He didn't choose it. I've run the gambit from militant atheist to hardcore Believer due to the events in my life. I've come face to face with a true to life angel. My guardian angel, indeed one of the classes of angel God created.

If you like to read, I suggest to Book of Jubilees and the Book of Enoch from the DSS

9. #50 Johnny Cash, Sep 28, 2013

What do you mean by a matrix? My understanding of the word used in this sense is something like a "false" reality within another reality.
    I would say people who believe in God believe we live in a matrix, because they believe our reality to be created by a conscious being for us to live in. That would mean the reality where God lives is one a level higher than ours, and ours is the "matrix" created by God. As far as human beings affecting reality, I certainly believe in this. All matter affects reality, and ours is organized in an extremely complex way which allows us to affect reality in more complex ways. Even a single atom floating in outer space affects reality, because if it didn't exist, reality would be slightly different.

I think you're right. Even if predetermination is real (science seems to point towards randomness) on an atomic or even smaller scale, that wouldn't necessarily mean a sentient God is making it happen.

11. He string a good story together though

You and everyone else here have been around for less than a millionth of a percent of time. It may give you comfort to feel like you know the secrets behind the universe, but you don't know. You believe. There's nothing wrong with that, but it would be extremely arrogant to dismiss all possibility of you being wrong.

13. Defined as the now back to the beginning of the Universe (this stretch of time we are involved in) then yes, we are inside the eternity. Has nothing to do with Deities, because if they existed they would be in eternity with us.

No I did not, not wasting my time with it, feel free to send his best snippets my way so I can hack at them.
    I wouldn't define matrix as a fake reality, more like a flexible reality, like when Neo realized he was the one, despite being human he could fly and move very fast. Also from what I hear Saints Row 4 as well?

I thought neo could move in and out of the matrix? Haven't seen that movie in a long time.

15. God is the product of human superstition and ignorance. I'm not all knowing, but at least I'm not narrow minded.

16. Necessary Being is not a product of human ignorance and human existence; rather, it's a product of your ignorance to believe a contingent being can create its source.

17. Yeah, thanks for the worthless conjecture. Proved nothing.

"Proved nothing" -- Okay... how does one "prove" anything? By demonstrating its existence before the five senses?

1.) First of all... how can eternity have a beginning? That's completely nonsensical.

2.) Is "time" necessarily linear?