Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A great bong tip I never knew

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tokinsince2012, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Hey GC!

So if you're a bong person then here's a tip I just picked up from tokin daily. I've never tried it yet but I do plan to.

Okay so basically when it comes to the bong water, you try to get the coldest water you can, right? The colder the water, the smoother the hit. Or so I've been told. However, Paul had a co-host on one of his episodes and they were discussing putting steamy hot water in your bong. You get 2 things out of that:
    1 - The steam from the water moisturizes your throat making any hit really really smooth. 
    2 - Heating the smoke expands the molecules, which causes it to condense inside your lungs which makes it easier to absorb the chemicals, essentially getting you higher off of less weed.

Personally no matter how cold the water is, any normal sized hit out of my bong pretty much chokes me up. (I have a double perk bong with an ice catcher and an ash catcher) But I've never used hot water in it.

Questions? Thoughts?  :bongin:  :bongin:

2. Shit man it looks like you've got something haha. too bad just had my session, but tomorrow Ill try it, thanks for sharing

3. I was about to do a few snaps. I'll give this a go. 

4. I tried this just for the hell of it one day a long time ago and was amazed. I told my uncle that the hot water seemed to make the hit smoother than the cold water, but he didn't believe me until he hit it. He was amazed too :laughing:

5. Interesting. Def something I'll be trying

6. I do this a lot. Especially in the morning. Just don't get the water too hot.

7. #7 lFourTwenty, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013

Hot water from the faucet seems to work pretty good..boiling water+glass bong would definitely be a colossal fuckup.

8. Warmer water is closer to your body's temperature than icy water. Less shock to the lungs :smoking:

9. Just did 2 snaps. Hits were actually pretty smooth. Was warm going down, but surprisingly not bad. Tasted slightly of bong water. The piece is clean, only about 6 snaps since last cleaning. Warm water probably heating whatever film residue is in there giving off the taste is my guess. Bout to try a few more. 

10. its definately a different experience with warm water. cant say i like the feeling of steam in my throat. it feels like breathing in a sauna

11. This is actually somewhat true. I've tried out the warm/hot water technique before and it does incredibely make the hit much more smooth than cold water. It feels fucking great as well to take warm bong rips, your throat feels sooo good. Although I dont really believe that it makes you get higher off less weed lol. It sure is great to use warm water rather than cold water though. I highly suggest for anyone to try it out sometime.

12. Once my holes from my wisdom teeth extraction heal I'll be trying this out :) til then I'm on a tolerance break.

13. Wisdom teeth extraction, ouch. Well shit... I'll have to do a few snaps in your name since you cant. 

14. ahhhh so a fellow tokin' daily-er I see 

15. Much appreciated bud!

16. Atleast the dentist prescribed you some goodies, right? hehehe  :hello:

17. Funny story lol.
    When they took me out to my step moms car I was still messed up on the laughing gas. She pulled her camera out and started talking to me. This is how it went.
    -how are you feeling andrew?
    -hi mom.
    -we're gonna go get a milshake from mcdonalds ok?
    -I'm fuckin stoned.
    -You're WHAT?!
    -I am soooo fuckin' stoned.

18. AHAHAHAHA damn. Some good shit :D

19. I just smoke. If I don't feel like coughing I only load half a bowl. I don't cough immediately after though it usually takes 10 seconds then my lungs start to sting

20. I've been doing this for years. Not boiling hot water but pretty hot. I much rather hot than cold water.