A Good Strain for My Area?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Reefer_Cat, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Hello all,

I was wondering what would be a good strain for my area. I live in south central alaska. During the summer the temps range from about 60 to 80 degrees farenheit and it rains semi-regularly. It's light for about 17-22 hours of the day. There have been many a good strain created in this fair state and area and would like to know what kind I should be growing. Thanks in advance,

-RC

2. Nobody has any advice?

3. Ummm i'm not really sure, sorry to say. I wish someone would answer you because my dad was planning on moving to alaska someday and that info might come in handy.

4. the growing season isnt that long in alaska... i woud sugges a quick grower... cinderella 99 or purple pearls or something that flowers quickly... i know that the light gets some weird hous... but you need smewhere a 12/12 or somewhat near that cycle or no buds or very lil buds or the plants will produce buds underneath stress. and then the plant will proly die... not to humid up there so you can choose from a good variety of plants... no longer then 60 days though cause light systems are ackward in alaska... good luck hope this helps.!.

5. Thanks alot man! Hey overgrowary, if you ever end up moving to Alaska we'll have to cheech and chong all night long.

6. Alaskan Thunderfuck. I know it sounds crazy but it is a strain suited for the cold, two or three heavy hits of frost and is suited for the screwed up sunlight you got up there. I know some people who grow it way the hell up the mountains in the back country. Coincidentally exactly where they take there brand new quads and sleds every year. Must work!!!

7. ive herad of this plant... my uncle ust to grow it up in alaska... its a strong plant and can take alot of abuse but its yield its very low... =( gonna need alotta plants... but if iuts just for you and a couple of friends cheers... have fun finding it ive looked all day and havnt been able to find that particualr strain anywhere and my uncle is dead so lol good luck

8. i agree w/ BC..alaskan thunderfuck is a classic strain, and its suited for that environment..although if possible id suggest you grow indoors

9. I didnt really read any posts except for the one before this but if your growing outdoors in harsh weather i'd strongly suggest durban poison...that strain is specifically known for growing in harsh environments with little water and sunlight.

10. Yeah, the reason that you can't find any alaskan thunderfuck seeds is because that strain is gone. Or at least that's the word on the street. JW, Alaska gets more than enough water and excessive sunlight, maybe you should've read the posts prior.