A fun room

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by hobochickin, Jan 21, 2014.

1. So there was a post from someone a week or so ago that asked for ideas for his room, and I thought it was a great question!What should I put in my room for a little haven of relaxation and fun?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Foru

2. A fog machine under the bed and switch it on. Then go outside toke-a-toke and go back in your room. Vwalla floating bed. Now all you need is Christmas lights and a dream catcher :))Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

3. A hookah and some big comfy papasan chairs. Possibly a projector instead of a TV? That's how I'd do it :)Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. One consideration on projectors; The bulbs are expensive as hell and only last about 2000 hours. :smoke:

5. if you put a fog machine in your room... you're gonna have a bad time

6. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19388018" timestamp="1390433163"]One consideration on projectors; The bulbs are expensive as hell and only last about 2000 hours. :smoke:[/quote]No way. Really? I thought it was more like 5000. Are there brands that last longer? Cause I was thinking But it myself

7. Some try to claim longer, but in a real environment you'll be lucky to get much more life out of it. Lumens play a big part too. If it has a low lumen number, you won't be happy with the picture, even in a dark room.  :smoke:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector-lamps-faq.cfm

8. [quote name="ICGreen" post="19388564" timestamp="1390438562"]Some try to claim longer, but in a real environment you'll be lucky to get much more life out of it. Lumens play a big part too. If it has a low lumen number, you won't be happy with the picture, even in a dark room. :smoke:http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector-lamps-faq.cfm[/quote]That makes me sad :( thanks for the link though! You could use it sparingly, though that kinda takes the fun out of it. But I think the Wow factor when people come over make up for it xD

9. Just get a 70" with a nice pic and few bells and whistles. Add the bells and whistles with a new(er) BluRay player. Then you can upgrade the player every few years. :smoke: