A Fraud that Dwarfs Madoff

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Senior US soldiers investigated over missing Iraq reconstruction billions

Yea, we definitely don't need to cut our defense budget. :rolleyes:

2. It blows my mind how attached you are to OUR budget. The whole world is our home, not just the US. I'm sure you will say I'm off-base with that comment, but seriously, the problem is not solely American.

3. Madoff stole from people who gave him their money, voluntarily.

The Iraq war stole from everyone in America. To say nothing of what it's done to the actual country of Iraq, of course.

Bush was definitely the bigger fraud, good call.

The Bush administration should be called the "Jolly Roger" administration, all they did was lie and cheat and steal and pillage, and torture, and kidnap, and falsely imprison, invade without provocation, occupy without compassion, and get all the Iraqi kids addicted to sugary snacks, and roadside bombs, and create a whole new arm of Al Queda!

Actually, I'm insulting the pirates there, aren't I...sorry, Cap'n.

"Long Dong Cheney":D

4. #4 aaronman, Feb 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009

I really don't know what you mean, but I think once you get a job and start supporting yourself you'll understand the value of your own labor.

The whole world doesn't steal my earnings from me and other US workers to squander on personal exploits, just my government does that.

And managing our budget is important when we are cutting jobs at home and can't afford positive rights programs like health care and education, which I'm sure you'd cream over.

5. Yo, I do have a job. And I also live with humanity. Don't you?

6. I do, and I give back to humanity. When the government tries to force me to give them money is when I get cranky.

Whats this got to do with our leaders squandering our military budget?

7. #7 bkadoctaj, Feb 17, 2009
    What does our leaders squandering the military budget have to do with you as opposed to everyone else just as much? It doesn't matter who's paying the money. It matters why, and that is answered only from a big-picture, humanistic standpoint.

We'll only live if we learn to love.
    No lesson is greater.
    - Ziggy Marley

8. I'm not saying it only affects me, or only Americans. But since I get taxed in America and share dues with Americans I will look out for our interests first. It is in our best interests not to do harm unto others, for one, and that is all our military achieves.

The why is obvious, greed. How can you deny that our politicians aren't scamming the hell out of the taxpayers? You think they are just naively getting rich off our money?

9. #9 bkadoctaj, Feb 17, 2009
    No, I'll just be as clear as bkadoctaj can be: you're crying about losing money. I'm crying about the world losing its humanity. I'll never get through to you if you care more about the mighty dollar, period.

Not a moral judgment on you, but it's time to wake up.

Put away the "statist"ics.

STATISTICS
    STATISTICS
    STATISTICS

^
    |
    |
    Official story.

10. I'd like to point out that you two are in total agreement, we need to do both, increase the humanity, and cut military spending. Together.

Peace.

11. Good to see some of the nitty gritty's coming to light. But c'mon, everybody knew this type of shit was happening from the get go....oh wait, I mean all of the other Bush basher, conspiracy theorist, Saddam loving, radical lefties :D.

12. Yeah, Im sure that there isn't any money being squanderd now. Everything is on the level with this new administration. :rolleyes:

13. Amazing you gathered that from my post....well I guess it's not amazing.

14. Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread as opposed to derailing the topic with an irrelevant claim of righteousness.;)

The gubment taking money and redistributing as they see fit has nothing to do with humanity. Devoting time and energy (and money) to help the less fortunate is humanity.
    Doing it in contempt of all things depressing and heartbreaking, or some shit.

15. Fair enough. Maybe next time. :)

16. the biggest ponzi scheme in America is Social security

17. Besides Social Security being a fraud, so is the industrial military complex [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1rT4bszWg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj1rT4bszWg[/ame] 2.3 TRILLION missing before 9/11????