A Force More Powerful Appreciation Thread Nonviolence is the answer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Oct 26, 2013.

1. http://www.aforcemorepowerful.org/

This thread is to celebrate nonviolent resistance Whenever a group uses violence to effect political change they usually become the monsters they were fighting against. I urge everyone to watch this documentary. I know people become frustrated with the political system, but never stoop to their level. I am not a christian but turning the other cheek as the saying goes can be a much more powerful statement then coldcocking someone. 

2. Ideas are bulletproof.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Has no one else seen this?

4. #4 wolftigerosebud, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    Mmmmmmmmm.

Non-violent Oreo-flavored Cheerios. Mmmmmmmmm.

5. #5 MrCrispy109, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    I highly recommend reading The Politics of Nonviolent Action by Gene Sharp. It talks about the best ways to achieve regime change through non violent action. It is so effective that many dictatorships, including China, have banned it. Another one of his great books on peaceful protest is From Dictatorship to Democracy, which I also highly recommend reading.

6. If you look at groups that use violence to bring about political change even if they have the best intentions they always end up corrupting themselves. Nonviolence is the way to maintain the moral high ground and show your cause is truly just.

7. I was rewatching this because I find it so inspiring and just wanted to encourage people once again to watch it you can pay or its free on youtube.

Also has anybody played this? I just found it on a google searcch

http://www.aforcemorepowerful.org/game/

Washington itself is a prime example of that: Born of violence 200-odd years ago, today it is the most violent institution on the entire planet.