A First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xMrBoJiNgLeSx, Jun 9, 2009.

1. #1 xMrBoJiNgLeSx, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    Hey im new at growing and all of this can be confusing at first and i want to make sure my first grow is a sucessfull grow. I want to make sure that I understand everthing correcly. Alright so first i germinate the seeds then put them in a cup with some soil water and let them sprout in a dark warm place.. then after they sprout transfer them into regular pots and put them under fluros for 24/7 then after they reach around 4 inches switch to 18/6 then when there around 8 inches start flowering 12/12?? when should u start using fertz? and what should the humidity be and what wattage should the fluros be for six plants in a 4 by 4 closet? I know i probally sound stupid but im just a little confused please respond thanks

2. Germinate seeds in a wet paper towel, put them in a cup with some soil + water, let them sprout (light or dark place, whatever). As soon as they're visible at the surface of the soil put them under 6400k (daylight, blue spectrum) fluoros for 24/7. Switch to 18/6 in a week or so (you can go 18/6 from the very start if you wish). Transfer them to bigger pots a week or two from sprout (need to let the roots develop).
    Flower whenever you want, bigger than 8 inches if you want a decent yield. They will stretch to maybe twice their size when you start to flower.
    Start using ferts maybe 3 weeks in. A half or quarter dose of the recommended. Only give nutes every two or three waterings.

3. #3 xMrBoJiNgLeSx, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2009
    alright thanks alot man but when should i start using a fan and what should the humidity be?

4. No idea about the humidity man, I've never monitored it and never had problems, just avoid extremes I guess. You can use a fan once they sprout, for air circulation and a little breeze to strengthen the stem up.
    Are you flowering with CFLs in your closet? For six 3 or 4 foot tall flowering plants you'll need some serious wattage. Probably like 250w with some good mylar in the closet if you want decent results.

5. Shiny shit, reflects light.