A few very beginner questions about timing and growth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by np9330, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hey everyone-

I'm coming home from college for the summer and I'm planning to try my first grow. It'd need to be outdoors since my parents would most likely not be cool with it, but I have a fair bit of property that no one ever goes on, so discovery won't be a problem.

First, where would I get seeds? I have some bag seeds that I got from some mids that I could use, but i've had people advise me to buy seeds. Except a lot of places online won't ship to the US. Any suggestions?

My nex question is, if I plant in the first week of May, say May 7th or 8th, approximately when would they be ready for harvest? I have to go back to school in the third week of August, and if they're not going to be done by then, I really can't do it as I go to school relatively far away and wouldn't be able to return home until the end of september, when they most likely will have died, correct?

Next, I've seen a lot of discussion about 12/12 lighting and 18/6 lighting or whatever, but those are for indoor growing. I'm assuming natural light will be ok, but how will this affect grow times/heights/etc?

Last but not least, how much water do the plants like? Daily watering? Weekly?

Also, any advice you guys could give to an absolute extreme beginner, including any outdoor grow guides I may have missed, would be greatly appreciated.

2. you should definitely use the bag seed...buying seeds for a first time outdoor grow is unnecessary. first off i think the calendar you want for the grow is better suited for an indoor grow (essentially you need about six weeks for veg state --18/6 lighting phase --and then another 4-6 weeks for flowering -- 12/12 lighting phase), but the outdoor grow folks can weigh in on your window for growing. you need to veg your plant until atleast they begin to show pre-flower sexing signs (which is around the sixth week) and you need to then be able to force them to flower so you can actually have bud and that requires a 12/12 lighting phase.....

you should download through your favorite torrent site the cannabis grow bible (which has an extensive outdoor grow section).