A Few Stupid Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tokeandontchoke, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Alright, so i have like 8 bag seeds that i found in an eighth of regs. Anyway, i have been wanting to try and grow a smaller plant in a small homemade grow box, i just want to experiment and see how much hard work and labor growing really requires to get any yield, im not looking for medical grade bud- just something smokeable. Well to get to the point, here are a few questions i have.

1.Do you think i could grow without any nutrients or store-bought potting soil?
    I have a pretty large garden in my backyard that has really good soil. I rotate the plants every year so that the dirt stays nice and fertile, and i've also added ashes, cow manure, horse manure, etc. to the soil in the garden to increase the quality of the soil over the years...My PH Tester said the PH was about 7.5 and the fertility was perfect. How could i lower my PH to around 6.0-7.0?

2.I'm going to water my plants with tap-water. i live in the country, so i have well water that i would think contains some essential nutrients, but are there things that i could add to my soil to increase the quality of it?

I'm sorry if there are already a million threads on this, but im fuckin tired of reading for hours and not getting a answer.

2. Organic Growing - Grasscity.com Forums
    check out the stickies, there are soil recipes that require no feeding.
    if the soil in your garden is as good as you say it is, you could probably just use that, but Id add perlite or something similar for aeration.
    Im not sure how you could lower the pH, but 7.5 in good organic soil should be okay. weed isnt really that picky ^^

3. No.

You know to add fertilizers to your outdoor garden, obviously you understand the benefit of doing that. MJ is a plant too, it has basic needs as well and has no special powers to grow and thrive without nutrition.

Yes, fertilizer. See above. Well water might contain some minerals -- potentially including many that you don't want to be adding -- but not any proper quantity of your basic nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, etc.

Filter your well water before using it on your MJ plant (probably a good idea to do that before drinking it too). You probably could get your water tested by the county you live in to find out what you're dealing with.

Good thing we aren't too fuckin tired to answer you. :cool:

In the future you should keep reading and searching, the answers to these questions are definitely here at GC and they're not hidden away...