A few simple questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AUSTRIAN_KRONIK, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Hey guys, im planning on growing two plants indoors (in soil, not hyrdo) and i have a few questions

1. When should i start fertilizing/adding nutes? i know that for outdoors you shouldnt add any nutes/fertilizer until at least 3 weeks of growth, is it the same case with indoors?

2. Is there any other fertilizers/nutes i need other than a standard N-P-K fertilizer?

3. Im a bit confused, once i germite the seeds and i get a taproot, should i plant them straight into the soil and turn the lights on 24/0, or do i have to leave them in the soil for a little without the lights on?

4. The grow space im using is very tall (4ft) but also very, very narrow (8in), do you think that in my case, it would be better to not do any training at all, so the plants grow tall and skinny?

thanks.

2. 1. Indoors don't start nutes for the first twoo weeks or so. When you do start use diluted, like 1/4 strength, then slowly build up.

2. Just about all ferts have NPK, the issue is how much of these for what stage. You want higher N for vegitative state and higher P for flowering. But yes, any standard fertilizer should do.

3. Plant the seeds into soil when the taproot begins to poke out. Make a shallow hole, less than an inch deep, and put the germed seed in then lightly cover with soil. The plant does not need light before it breaks ground, but it's OK to leave the light on anyway because a) it will help keep the sprout warm and b) that way the sprout will get light as soon as it does break the soil.

4. Four feet is not "very tall", that is around the minimum height I would consider. With such a narrow space you probably will want a tall container to give it as much root volume as possible, and then the light hangs down and you need air space between the plant and the light, so that will only leave you about 2 feet of height for the actual plant. And I would definitely train, otherwise the branches will push against the walls and crowd each other.