a few questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sedated, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Ok, I just started growing about three weeks ago, I have three nice looking plants going, my biggest is three weeks old and is nine inches tall, and the other two are about a week younger and are in the same state that the big one was when it was the same age. Now Im growing in a room I have constructed, I have two 48 inch fluros and I am running a fan and a humidifier in the room. Now the questions I have are related to the age of the plat mostly. Like when I can attempt to determine the sex of the plant, and when I will be able to start cloning from the plant. Also on the question of cloning, I know the basics about cloning, the rooting hormone, the cutting and whatnot, but the problem is, I dont know exactly what I am supposed to cut off and use for the clone, like which type of leaf or whatever. I also am running into some problems with yellowing of the leaves, the spots are twords the center of some and at the edges of others. Im not sure the cause of it but I have been fed them miracle grow on a couple of occasions and Im wondering if I might be buring the plant, and the leaves also seem to be like they are dry, yet I keep them watered and I mist the leaves of the plant daily. I know this is a lot to be covered but Im just trying to get things sorted out. I really need to learn how to sex my plants and then if I know I have females I would like to start cloning if I can, so any help will be greatly appretiated. Ill attach some pics later to show my setup and my plants so I can get input. Thank you all very much.

2. heres a pic of my plants in my grow room, had to cut it a lot to get it to fit in here but it shows what needs to be seen

Attached Files:

3. ok, this is one of the two babies that is two weeks old

Attached Files:

4. do a search on the cloneing..

u can sex the plant when is 12 inches tall..

5. and this is my oldest baby, she is three weeks old and her name is Eve, shez named after one of my best friends:D

Attached Files:

6. ok, this is a pic of one of the leaves that is changing

Attached Files:

7. and this is another pic of a different leaf that is changing

Attached Files:

8. Get a closer picture of the 12 inch one from the side.

9. here are all three in my room

Attached Files:

10. what type of soil are you using? and if you dont mind me asking, why didnt you fill the pots with soil? its a possibility you may need to treat with a small dose of MG

11. heres a pic from the side as you asked for

Attached Files:

• side.jpg
      side.jpg
      File size:
      93.1 KB
      Views:

12. ditto

13. looks good to me, nice alternate internode spacing, could be a girl this one :) i dont see any problems evident from this side shot. the spots on the leaves, are they on older bottom leaves or on new leaf?

14. btw nice looking plants for a fluro job.

15. The soil Im using is just a premium potting soil I bought at a local hardware store, and the reason the pots arent completely filled is because I didnt have enough soil to fill them to the top. Should I get some more soil and fill them more?

16. the spots appear on the older leaves twords the bottom of the plant.

17. okay, well we may be able to help you out here. when you say premium soil, what type of ammendments? have you added anything extra to the soil or is it like a time release formula? what has been your feeding schedule? at 3 weeks, especially for the bigger one, youre due for a small doses of nutes.

if you can, i would purchase something similar to the soil you have and add it to what you have . of course you cant dump it on top because youll have to bury most of your plant. you may have to repot and add the soil. older bottom leaf tend to die off after a time, but they can still tell you if your plant has problems. im guessing the plant may be hungry.

18. ^^ yeah, id say repot. the plants will love the extra room the roots get and having a trap for dank air to sit next to the base of the plant isnt good.

19. i wasnt going to mentioned it, but if youre going to repot, and youll have to, you might as well pickup some extra ammendments, perhaps some kelp meal, maybe some bone or blood meal. they would really love that mix especially for their age. the bone would take longer to break down, but should be available when the plant needs it most, during flowering

20. Ok, Im gonna post a pic thats closer to the new development of the plant. If you can describe to me the point on the plant that I would use for the cloning Id appretiate it. I know how to clone I just dont know what point Im supposed to cut at, and what type of leaf Im supposed to use. I hear about nodes and whatnot and Im confused about what that is. I feel really naive about all this but I want to know how to clone right because I have trouble finding seeds around here. Also, Im curious as to where I need to watch for pistol developement. Thanks guys, your help is greatly appretiated:)

Attached Files: