A few questions that should be easy for you vets ;)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by masterdebater49, Oct 12, 2013.

1. SUP GC!

Heres the deal, I bought these supplies a while ago to start growing and life suddenly got in the way and everything had to be put on hold.

Now I finally have a place of my own and I can continue. I want to make a grow journal on here but I just need a little help getting started.

So I want to build a tent in my room and with the space I have it would be roughly 4 to 5 feet Wide x 6.5 feet tall x 2-3 feet deep.

the reason for the rough dimensions is my place is small and if i can help it i might make the grow tent a little smaller ;)

- I have a 400w light, TDx100   how many plants should i grow for max yield? im probably going to do bubble buckets.

- does anyone see a way of getting a better yield than what im planning? I dont wanna buy more lights.

any tips appreciated

2. Do 4 plants and SCROG them will get you max yeild in a small space.

3. what strains do you all reccomend for this setup? are indicas better for scrog?

4. also I am interested in the perpetual growing methods as well...do you think a space the size I am planning is suffeciant for it? or should i stick witht the scrog?

5. im now thinking of using a separate part of my room and making a small cab for mothers and clones.

Am i assuming correctly that I dont need smell filters for this? since they wont we flowering in there. and also 24/7 CFLs at what height from the plant?

I also need to figure out how big i should let them get in there before going to the big grow tent. although idk if its worth doing with 3 or 4 bubble buckets worth of plants?

6. #6 masterdebater49, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    also this is the air pump i will use for my bubble buckets

http://www.amazon.com/Tetra-77854-Whisper-Pump-60-Gallon/dp/B0009YJ4NG

Tetra whisper 60 - is this suffiencient enough? i already have one

also I will be converting my light into a cooltube design. Does this mean I need another inline fan? or will my tdx 100 be enough with a passive intake and sucking out through my light and filter back out of the cab.