A few questions on indoor growing (im very newb)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TokinSince2006, Nov 8, 2007.

1. QUESTIONS

1. How long after i plant the seeds should i add fertilizer?

2. Off 1 indoor closet plant how much marijuana exactly should i expect to harvest? (im guessing 4-6 ounces)

3. How often should i water my plants?

4. How large should the gardening pots be?

5. For growing 10 plants inside my closet how much space am I going to need?

6. Should i leave the lights on 24/7? for the full 6 months of the plants growing (im guessing thats how long it might take for these plants to fully mature)

7. How often should I air out the closet?

ok well basically this is what I was planning on doing. I have quite a large apartment but all the growing is going to take place in my bedroom closet. I wanted to plant 10 plants side by side with 4 18w CFL's shining on them from the ceiling. I'm going to line the entire closet with tin foil to try and get maximum light going.

Should i be worried about the police breaking down my door because I'm lining my closet with tin foil which means a tun of heat, and I live in Canada so the government permits the thermal heat scans.

ALL COMMENTS APPRECIATED. Thank you very much this means alot. I also would love links to other threads that would answer my questions or further my knowlage of simple indoor growing.

2. I haven't started my first grow yet, but you should really do some research. Biggest things I found wrong is no way are 4 18w cfls gonna cover 10 plants. 1 plant needs about 100 watts of cfl light at least or around there depending on size. And they couldn't hang from the ceiling, you gotta put them fairly close. Also tin foil is a bad idea, mylar is the way to go. Besides that I'm sure other more experienced growers will have more feedback.

3. if heat monitoring equipment is definitely an option in your area, i would highly suggest growing at the lowest altitude of your home, however you're living in a single level apartment im assuming so you dont have too many options. a single 400 watt hps light would be sufficient for 10 SMALL plants, i dont think its sufficient for larger sized plants . you should do a really stealthy and compact strain like AP11 .

4. 1. 3-4 weeks or so, the plant needs to be strong enough to take the nutrients

2. theres no way to guesstimate that accurately at all... it all depends on the climate, lighting, soil, nutes, temprature, humidity, co2 levels, water ph levels, etc, etc.........

3. you water the plants when the soil gets dry, marijuana plants like dry soil in order to for the roots to absorb ogen

4. 5 gallon should be fine for the entire grow

5. 10 plants?? that would have to be one BIG cloest... id dedicate a room to that

6. leaving the light on 24/7 is fine for vegging... might get a heat issue dependingon your light source....

7. Air out the closet??? this isnt your dirty laundry.... you just need circulation

4x18w bulbs will BARELY do one plant let alone 10... you would get a VERY small harvest with that light one plant, if anything at all...

you need to do ALOT more reading man, and your thinking too optimistically with your yields... you get out what you put in... and you are putting little in...

read some more, then when yu have some questions, read it again... then ask some questions... read on some grow journals too to understand what people yielded using what setups

get real ;).... good luck :)

• I would start adding diluted nutrients after the plants are a few nodes high (3-5). I am just getting to the end of my first grow and we added them when we started seeing a problem, when the tips start to turn yellow.
    • depends on your strain and how long you veg, but on my one plant that's bagseed I think we will get a little more than an ounce(its like 3 feet tall), 4-6 seems a little high
    • watering is really easy to get the hang of, you should just start out with pots that have holes in the bottom so extra water can run out, after a few weeks of watering you will figure out how much and how often. The soil should be moist but not wet, don't over water.
    • 2-3 gallon per plant is a good size
    • no idea but 10 full grown plants would take up a lot of space
    • yes if your doing cfl you should have them on 24/7 for the whole veging period. Look into lts (low stress training) theres lots of good posts on this sight about that
    • opening the closet door a few times a day sould be good, keep the temps down tho
    for your lights go to a home improvement store and find the biggest cfls that will fit into a normal light socket, I have 2 200w lights for my one plant
    cfls don't produce that much heat, I would mainly worry about helicopters if you were using hps
    I am a newb too but like I said I am just finishing my first grow so I have a little experence.

5. Well if you are concerned about the cops seein the heat move your computer or portable heater what ever closer to that corner, say it was the heater. Put 2-4 plates of vinager in there to help with the smell of bud just incase the cops do stop by. get a 1000W HPS light. Thats barely enough for two plants. Buy lady bugs from your local home depot to help with pests