A Few Questions I Have?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by xsmatty, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hey, this is my first post, so hoping to get some useful info.
    I've spent hours reading info from this forum and others, the one thing im stuck on is the growing medium, I'm going to be growing outdoors, in UK, if I'm going to put them in the ground I'm unsure of what to treat the soil with? Or, would it be a better option to have them in large plant pots?
    My next question is, what kind of things do I need for the soil? I was thinking of using Canna Coir, and canna a+b nutrients, this is for outdoor, would that be a good idea in a plant pot?
    Lastly, how long would I need to have the plant indoors in a small pot, before it can go outdoors? (I already perfected my germination techniques).
      OH and one more, would I need to PH check the soil, and EC of my watering or anything? This is for outdoors, I'm going to be growing 2 autos for this time.

Thanks, hoping to get some good help here!

2. IMO, it is best to plant seeds directly in the soil outside. I plant mine at the very end of March or beginning of April. I would mix some worm castings, perlite, azomite, dolomite lime,(this will help make sure your PH is neutral), and maybe a little fish fert in a big hole outside. I dig out all the soil and mix it so it is fluffier.

3. If you have very thick clay soil i wouldn't recommend just digging a small hole and filing it with light fluffy soil as the hole will act like a trench and trap the water when it rains drowning your girls. I also dont agree with planting them directly in the soil as seed. Its much safer and easier to start them inside if that is an option. If its your first time keep it simple get any type of balanced compost mix it with your on site or store bought soil. Buy a simple grow nute for veg and bloom for flower, and you should be happy with your grow. As far as pots vs ground imo the in ground plants in same quality of soil will always be bigger and yield more, and can be more forgiving in my experience. And the fish fert is going to attract alot of animals so keep that in mind

4. You don't simply dig a small hole. You dig as deep of a hole as you can, amend the soil in that area, and grow. I have never had any trouble just planting the seed directly in the soil. If you do this, your plant will never have to deal with the stresses of transplanting.

5. u also dont have clay soil like i have or you would know how hard it is to work with

6. From what I've read, I think I'll germinate them inside, and somehow transfer them outside, in the morning so they have a full day of sunlight planted in the soil.
    For 2 plants, would an area of about 2mx2m be a suitable sized plot?
    Thanks a lot for the info so far!

7. 2x2 would be a good sized plot for 2plants, they really only need a 2foot LxWxD hole, but you want a little bit of space for them once they really start branching out.

8. jordansb8, actually I do know what it is like seeing as how I work as a landscaper and dig that shit all day long. You dig out what you can, fill the hole up with water and keep digging. It is a lot of work, but it is worth it. Try to pick an area that isn't clay, if you cant you need to do some serious amendments for your plants to do well.