A few Questions about Ventilation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mira, Jun 6, 2012.

1. My room is about 3x4x8, so that comes to needing something around 20CFM.

-So for air intake all I want is a large hole in the growspace's wall, and for exhaust I want a carbon filter attached to a centrifugal fan, attached to my ducting?

-If that's right, how do I keep the grow space totally dark when there's a hole in one of the walls?

-Are all carbon filters and centrifugal fans that are the same size compatible in that they attach to one another?

-Lastly, can someone give some cost effective solutions for fans? The ones I've seen have been scary expensive after adding that to the price of everything else.

All help appreciated, getting closer to designing my room and starting my 1st grow! :smoke:

2. I would get something like a 400 cfm hurricane inline a matter of a reducer would fix fittings and since they are sheet metal it should be light tight maybe a bead of caulking to fix it in place should be sufficient pricing is around a hundred or little more but it's well worth the investment make sure you have fresh air in and circulating like a walmart pole fan the inline fans would have carbon filters that are rated for air flow get one that's rated just under what ur fan produces as lack of cfm will occurre the carbon filter might be the priciest of the set up all together you might even get a deal haggle with your grow shop people discounts are often given good luck

3. Oh ps always pull air thru filters never push

4. Just have the fan mounted to the wall sucking air in through a carbon filter outside your room blowing into your room