Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A Few Questions About Hash

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by DRamazo, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Ok, so I've been looking around a lot trying to get as much information as I can before I make my iso hash, and I've come across some things that I'd like cleared up.

First, how much alcohol do you guys use? My plan was to fill up my jar about an inch over the level of the weed. This seems to be the most common practice, but if someone has a tried and true ratio I'd love to hear about it.

Second, what's the deal with people putting baking soda in their hash oil? I understand the thinking behind it, trying to dry up and solidify the hash so its easier to work with; a playdoughey consistency was the way one guy worded it. But really, baking soda? I'm sure it isn't unsafe, but would that interfere with the flavor at all? Is there another way to achieve the same results?

And finally, I'm wondering if the buds need to be absolutely dried and cured or can I use fresher stuff. I harvested recently and haven't finished drying everything, but I want hash lol. I've heard using "wet" weed leaches chlorophyll into the oil which is bad?

2. Reading these threads makes me glad I invested in a Cali Crusher (It's a pollen press). So after about an 8th of herbal that's been grinded up, I can take all of the kief in my 4 piece grinder and put it in the crusher, leave it over night and I'll have a perfect disk of perfectly blond hash.

No ISO, no Ice water, none of that crap.

3. I wouldn't use baking soda, if you really want to solidify it, taking bud and grinding it to powder then mixing with the oil works pretty well. Takes a good bit of powdered bud, but the end results isn't bad. Bubble hash is much better in my opinion if you want a solid product. Screen hash/keif can be pressed, but to me isn't practical in large quantities. Dry ice hash can also be pressed and is a bit quicker extraction.