Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few Q's about smoking a bowl.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PenisBrah, May 12, 2012.

1. Srs questions are srs.
    Do I continuously suck the flame until I'm done, take the flame away, and then release the carb? Or do I suck the flame until the weed lights and remove the flame away? Friend told me to only light the weed and the burning parts will spread because of the sucking.

Second, how big should my hits be? I see people usually taking small hits from a bowl, but mine are 4-7 seconds long. Could this be why I burn my lungs?

2. 1) depends on the bud, if its broken up by hand or grinded up. If its grinded just a touch of flame should be enough to "cherry" (ongoing flame inside) the bowl. If its not ground you may need to torch the bowl a bit more.

2) All depends on u. Don't measure in seconds. Hit with the carb held until about 70-80% lung capacity. Release carb and clear.

3. couldn't have said it better.

4. Pretty much what nb8475 said.

You only have to put the flame to the weed for a second or two while you are inhaling - the act of inhaling pulls air past the weed. This flow of oxygen accelerates the rate at which the weed burns, and just like any sort of fire, the "flame" (really an ember in this case) will spread out into the unburned weed.

As for how long you should take a hit - take a hit that feels comfortable for you. I personally don't like taking massive hits because it destroys my lungs and makes me not want to smoke any more. It's like you go to a marathon and then sprint the first mile and are too tired to run the rest of the race. I smoke to chill out, and will smoke bowls with friends over a couple of hours - not trying to destroy myself in the first 20 seconds :)

5. Hold the flame to the bowl for like a second or two. Any longer and you're just roasting that shit which nobody likes. It should stay cherried. If you get greens try to roast half the bowl and leave some greens for the homies.

Brother you take as big hits as you need to take, just remember PUFF, PUFF, PASS.

6. For bowls? I'm pretty sure bowl etiquette = 1/4 that shit/finish the bowl and load another one. Puff, puff pass = joints and blunts.

7. Its one big rip and pass with me.

8. Didn't you light the weed and suck and figure it out right then and there?

Sometimes I think people post questions just for the sake of posting a question.

I mean really you start a fire with timber. You don't just light up a piece of cardboard and plop a log on top do you?

Do obviously if your smoking solo you should only have to light the bowl a few times if you properly packed a bowl.

Yes I said properly packed. I don't believe in a do things your own way kind of thing.

Theres always a wrong way ( Not so much wrong as less efficient ) of doing things.