a few q's about growing...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by agengo02, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ok so ive got several seeds germinating right now, going to put them in soil tonight when i get off work. i feel i have a decent grasp of everything, except airflow and dealing with smell. ive found lots of diy carbon filters that look great for a box grow, but we wont be growing in a box. we will be growing in our smoke room which is about a 12'x15' room. im going to use an oscillating fan to circulate air around the room, but what about smell?? i can use oust, fabreez air effects, or ozium, but i dont want it to smell like air freshener AND pot plant! any suggestions??

thanks mucho and ive learned so much from this forum!

2. Air flow is self-explanatory, a large fan or something. Depends on your system.

Smell can still be solved using DIY Carbon Filters. They are powerful, trust in that. One small, so cheap it was almost free to build carbon filter can clean out my room in less than two minutes. If you use any kind of air freshener in abundance, somebody will be suspicious. You want no smell, period.

I grow tons of weed in a stealth system beside my bed and I always have guests over and in my room, but they can never tell. The system is disguised as my entertainment unit. My T.V is on it, some of my dishes, chess sets, globes.

Some of my best friends, who smoke tons, are always watching T.V. on it. HAHA if only they knew.

I grow about 1lb 1/2 every two months, split among four different strains.

3. ya but youre growing in a small controlled box essentially, i need to find something to clear a whole room. or should i just go for some sort of box or enclosure?

4. It makes smell a lot harder when your trying to grow in an open area.
    Look into the onagel system.

5. My system is completely open when my friends arn't over so I can see the pretty buds from my desk. I've had plenty of days when I left home and my room filled with the smell of cannabis, which then traveled to my hallway and then my kitchen.

Turning on my filter clears the smell in my room in just minutes. So I still say make a cheap DIY carbon filter. Any other method is a massive waste of money especially if you don't grow a whole lot.

6. i would suggest building a cabinet or somehow sectioning part of your room off that you can dedicate to growing. right now it sounds like they are just going to be sitting out in the open?

if you can build a cabinet, that would allow you to control the grow much more and also make it possible for you to attach a carbon scrubber/filter

what kind of lights are you using? do you know which kind of nutes you are going to be using? is this going to be organic or hydro?

7. how do you make a DIY carbon filter?

8. Yes, please do tell. :)