A Few Problems?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tplat, Jun 9, 2010.

1. New and still learning here. This morning went to turn on the intake fan and tower fan for air movement in my grow room and noticed that on one plant the leaves curled up to what looks like to me to much water, I could be wrong so thats why i`m asking the more knowledgable growers here and the other thing I noticed was small white spots near the tips of some leaves. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Plus can you tell what sex the plant is from the last picture?

Attached Files:

2. could be a few things....looks like it could be a ph, or a heat issue. those leaves look pretty dark. what, and when are you feeding? can't tell sex yet from what i can see.

3. Yeah it looks like to much heat, if it was to much water then the leafs would be droopy not curled up.

You should have your fans and intake on a timer so they start when the lights start, so heat wont have time to build up.

4. Regular water for 2 days then 3rd watering was using 1 teaspoon per gallon of water of Alaska Fish Fertilizer for about a 1.5 months till I had the money to get some Technaflora Recipe for Success Starter Fertilizer Kit. Used the Technaflora for 1 watering sofar. For regular watering I was giving them 3 cups of water and for nutes 1 cup with 2 cups of water and the plants are in 3 gallon pots. They do seem to drain quite a bit of water out so thats why I thought maybe one part of the problem was over watering. Plus in another post I did I asked what could cause the tips of the leaves to curl downward and was told that it looked like to much Nitrogen so I skipped the last nutrient feeding cycle.

5. They were droopy this morning and one of the several leaves did pick back up somewhat. My brother gets up earlier then me and usualy turns the intake and circulation fans on but he forgot to this morning and the temp was up higher then i normaly keep it at.

6. Yep, going to be getting another short extension cord so I can do that. I usualy try to keep it between 76-78 degrees in the room but this morning it was quite a bit hotter then that.

7. #7 holiwood420, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    personally i'd give 6 gallons of water and flush em out good, just to be safe. if you are giving them a cup of ferts, you are giving them too much. if that's the case your soil is probably has a very acidic ph. from the technaflora website, everything is to be given in teaspoons, not cups. huge difference. if you've confused the two while writing your post i understand, but you need to be sure of what you gave them. what technaflora product do you have?

i've over fertilized before and the leaves started twisting and contorting. i gave them a good flush and the next day everything was straightened back out.

8. yea the twisting is too much nitrogen... you need to lower the concentration of nutes, not just skip feedings, whenever you encounter nute burn... or better yet, get a PPM meter...

you're bout borderline N toxicity right there...

9. #9 tplat, Jun 10, 2010

For the nutes I mix it according to the instructions which is for a light cycle 18/6 is below.
    Nutes mixed in with 1 gallon of water I then give each plant 1 cup of mixed nutes then 2 cups of regular water. http://www.technaflora.com/sharedfiles/Canadian2009RFS_3.pdf

Once your plants have established root systems, they are ready to begin vegetative growth on an 18-hour light cycle.
    Changing your reservoir once weekly, apply the following VEGETATIVE formula each week consistently throughout
    the vegetative cycle until plants reach your desired height.​

Mix the following nutrients for every 4 litres (1 gallon) of water to create the VEGETATIVE formula.​

B.C Boost ​
    15 ml (3 tsp)

B.C Grow ​
    7.5 ml (1½ tsp)

Thrive Alive B-1 Red ​
    2.5 ml (½ tsp)

MagiCal ​
    2.5 ml (½ tsp)

SugarDaddy ​
    10 ml (2 tsp)

For ​
    soil/soilless mediums, use this solution in the sequence of FEED, WATER, WATER throughout the vegetative cycle.
    For
    hydroponic mediums, the solution can be fed with every irrigation cycle.

Once

10. #10 tplat, Jun 10, 2010

One thing I do remember from this morning when I got up it was 93 degrees in the grow room when I went in to turn the fans on, heading to Wally Mart to get a regular non digital fan that will turn on when plugged into the power strip that is plugged into the timer. Also gonna hit up the Hydro store for a PH tester.

11. i read the pdf....a cup is 48 teaspoons...if you fed all 5 of the technaflora nutes listed for 18/6 to a gallon of water(not a cup) you'd have 7 1/2 teaspoons. that's 40 1/2 teaspoons less. if you honestly gave them a cup of nutes, flush them soon. actually just to be safe, flush em. make you you are using the right measurements before you feed again. just mix the nutes in with the water you are giving them.

"For the nutes I mix it according to the instructions which is for a light cycle 18/6 is below.
    Nutes mixed in with 1 gallon of water I then give each plant 1 cup of mixed nutes then 2 cups of regular water"

if i read your post right, you are doubling the dose and then some....i dunno. i'm kinda lost as to how much you've actually given them. in any case, flush em, get some measuring spoons, and a good ph meter.

12. K, unless I read the instructions wrong it says mix 3 teaspoons of BC Boost into the 1 gallon of water first then add 1.5 teaspoons of BC Grow then add 1/2 teaspoon of Thrive Alive (red labled container) then add 1/2 teaspoon of Magic Cal and lastly mix in 2 teaspoons of Sugar Daddy all into the same 1 gallon of water which at 1 cup per plant will do 10 of my 12 plants. This is the same stuff and measurements my nephew used from the begining for his plants and his didnt have these problems, the only difference is he lives in a different area and has a different water company for water and has a PH tester and has to use either some PH up or down mix. Now I just just got this Technaflora stuff late last week and they had only 1 feeding of it before that I was using Alaskan Fish Fertilizer for about 1.5 months and I`m starting to think thats where it got to much nitrogen now that I really think of it. I think what some reccomended is the best way to go and not use any nutes for a while and just use straight water to get them good and flushed out. Goinaa head out here and get a PH tester, will check back later. Thanks all for the help sofar.

13. just cause a bottle says do something, doesn't necessarily mean you should for particular applications...

that has a N toxicity... flush... then do less next feeding, if the problem persists, lower it more... your plants will tell you when you're right...

so do half dosage for a few weeks, and see if it doesn't perk up on the new growth...

14. I figured it wouldnt hurt to skip a nute feeding or two and just go with water for a number of days to get them flushed good. Didnt get to the hydro store before they closed today so gonna hit one up in the morning for a PH tester to test our water. Half a dosage after they get flushed good sounnds like a good idea.

15. ok i get what you are doing...mixing the solution then giving them a cup of it. i was very polluted when i read it last night lol. i'd flush them just to be safe. once you flush them you can feed them again when it's time, but like organic said, use 1/2 the rec. dosage and then work your way up. from the technaflora chart you should feed, then water twice more before feeding again. essentially, you should be feeding them once every 8 or 9 days depending on how much water they are taking during regular waterings. i think once you get the ph meter you'll be fine. i had the same problems at one point and they all came out fine.

on a side note, you could get away with only using 1 or 2 of those technaflora products until you can dial in the solution that's perfect.