A few positive words.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GorillaFarmer, Feb 25, 2009.

1. So first off Id like to take a moment of silence for the 54 seedlings that died on me recently. Its a long story and I don't want to get into it. Moving on... A new Hydro shop just opened pretty local and I had to go to buy a new socket assembly. Now I am from the east side of the country so its not everyday you see a hydro store. Needless to say, this was my first time ever even stepping foot into one. I went with just the assembly in mind but ended up leaving with like 500$ worth of grow room stuff. First off the customer service was awesome. It was like shopping online but with people that were competent in front of me ( I know I know, its called real life nothing new) But what suprised me was how easy it was to talk to these guys. What really shocked me was how openly they talked about there own crops. Plant to watt ratio's. Feeding schedules. Like basically everything but the word marijuana or slang was used. But I was talking to a couple of 26 year old stoned dude about ferts that are called like MindBend Mega Bloom Mix with a tripped out picture of a frog on a mushroom on the label. We both knew what was going on which would normally freak me out. But I knew these guys were just a couple of guys who shared the same hobby. Not some feds opening up a fake store to profile growers and get there credit card info. ( just kidding I pay cash for everything) But I do get freaked out buying 36 ten quart bags of organic soil at home depot in february. Long story short, I went in to get a socket assembly, I left with a custom built air purification system, ph tester, feeding chart and food and a couple of local friends waiting to hear about my crop.

2. Good to hear a positive story. My local grow shop is very similar. A couple of young dredlock wearing hippies, but very knowledgeable and friendly. We can talk about our "mater" grows in depth and trade good info. Glad there are still a few good ones around. And sorry about the babies...

3. Haha that's cool. I have a shop like that near my house, couple of tatted up guys who share the same hobby.