A few nooby questions, help apreciated :)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by MrTowlie, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Hello!

This cannabis horticulture started when i got 2 plants for my 18th birthday, from my dad. That was June 19th. I believe they were cuttings off one of his friends plants. They grew and grew, and I was very sure they were both female, so i was excited. Until recently theyve started flowering and I found out one was a male because of the pollen sacks. Trouble was, it is right next to my beautiful lady. I'm not sure if its fertalised my female already, as the pollen sacks haven't opened up, and I've decided im not going to destroy the entire male plant or move it, because its in my garden (could be a pain in the ass with parents too). So, I just castrated the male instead...by cutting off its sacks. If my female has been pollenated, so be it, seeds for next round! My nooby questions that came up were -

1) Is the pollen from my male potent?
    2) I'm slightly worried that my female won't bud in time (I live in England, and seeing as it's september, its gonna get cold soon! Is there a way to tell how long they'll take?
    3) There's been yellowing/green of leaves on the male from middle to bottem section of the plant for a while, what could this be from? (The female which is right next to it is pretty much perfect in colour of leaves)

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Thanks! :smoke:

2. Post some pics it will be easier to determine any problems, I live in England too so I think you will be ok But it depens on the strain you are growing and how long the flowering period is, How long has it been flowering for.

3. Will do, been trying to find my bloody camera for a while now...not sure on the strain as it was a clone from my dad's friend who i don't know :/ I had it on the 19th June and it was no bigger than 5-6inches tall, I did use a fair bit of miricle grow to start with (well, a lot), and it shot up to about 3ft-4ft and my dad replanted them in the garden, and now there 5ft maybe a bit taller. I've noticed flowering on the male for a week maybe more (stupidly thought it was female), flowering on the female i've noticed around the same time but only now i relise that its flowering. I'll try find that damn camera and post some pics.

EDIT:
    1st day of having them -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still in greenhouse - 2ft 1/2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

before planting in garden - 3ft+
    [​IMG]

(last pics are quite light, sorry!)

Will now try to get some new pics posted up.

4. <TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1863240" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>MrTowlie</TD><TD class=alt2>A few nooby questions, help apreciated :)
    <HR>Hello!

This cannabis horticulture started when i got 2 plants for my 18th birthday, from my dad. That was June 19th. I believe they were cuttings off one of his friends plants. They grew and grew, and I was very sure they were both female, so i was excited. Until recently theyve started flowering and I found out one was a male because of the pollen sacks. Trouble was, it is right next to my beautiful lady. I'm not sure if its fertalised my female already, as the pollen sacks haven't opened up, and I've decided im not going to destroy the entire male plant or move it, because its in my garden (could be a pain in the ass with parents too). So, I just castrated the male instead...by cutting off its sacks. If my female has been pollenated, so be it, seeds for next round! My nooby questions that came up were -

1) Is the pollen from my male potent?
    2) I'm slightly worried that my female won't bud in time (I live in England, and seeing as it's september, its gonna get cold soon! Is there a way to tell how long they'll take?
    3) There's been yellowing/green of leaves on the male from middle to bottem section of the plant for a while, what could this be from? (The female which is right next to it is pretty much perfect in colour of leaves)

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Thanks! :smoke: </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

your answer to your questions.

1) no
    2) MJ budding maturity varies from as early as 6 weeks to up to 14 weeks or longer. So my rule of thumb is whenever you see pre hairs on the plant, from that date add 7 weeks and thats around when you should harvest, your MJ.
    3)NItrogen loss.

5. Cheers mate :)

I'm now beginning to think my female hasn't been pollenated because the pollen sacks which i cut off i left to dry are only just opening up with the pollen coming out. Didn't do that before.

Thought it was nitrogen loss but was unsure because the top leaves were fine. Gave it some nutes just hehe :)

Lets hope in 7weeks my buds will be fattys!

6. re flowering time: i never noticed pre-hairs, but would you say flowering times starts when you can positively identify balls on the male, that starts the clocks and 8 weeks would typical of a bagseed indica, but it probably could be lety out a week or two longer with no hard done but extra weight and maybe more potency and strength to the puff.

7. Your plant looks like mine when she was young. I am in canada and 2 months ago she looked like this.

[​IMG]

2 weeks later like this:

[​IMG]

and a month later like this: (Almost done)

[​IMG]

and a closeup:

[​IMG]

Sorry so many pictures I love taking pictures.

AndrewBUD