A few noob questions from a first time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by butterballl, Dec 16, 2007.

1. I am strongly considering starting to grow. But as of now, it is winter here, I have no seeds, and I still am just in the researching stages. Here are my beginner questions...

-How long after the snow thaws until I can plant my seeds (I will be planting them outdoors.) In other words what is the ideal temperature for growing, or does it even matter.

-What are the best type of beginner seeds that won't cost too much but will produce nice buds, without needing expensive equipment or bundles of growing knowledge.

-Would it be better for me to plant the seeds into pots, or just into the ground soil?

I'd really appreciate any answers... thanks.

Keep on truckin.

2. I grew outdoors for years. I started my seeds indoors towards the end of FEB. started putting them outddors during the day at the end of march(I live in the mid-west, march can be cold as hell here). I would for sure put them in 5 gallon buckets, so that you can move them if you need too(easier to get rid of males this way also). It's much easier to judge how much nutes etc. you are giving them this way. Keep a fan on them from the time they sprout to keep them nice and strong before putting them outside in windy ass april and may.

3. Thanks for the response Dport. But, I can't grow indoors at all... Is this going to be a big problem?

4. i think march and april are the times to start new crops outdoors but im not sure, check the outdoor section?