Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

A few more questions from a noob...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Brock420noob, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Ok so I know I've asked a shit load of questions but I wanna be ready for it,

How do you compare a joint to a regular cig?
    Do they smoke about the same?
    Is weed stronger?
    I'm thinking about using my homemade bottle bong, good idea for the first time?
    Should I use water or something else I've heard so many different things?
    What exactly does weed smell like when you're smoking it?
    Will the smell get onto my clothes?
    How can I prevent the smell from doing so?

Thanks for being so nice and helpful the past few days!!

2. You could google a lot of these, but a joint is generally harsher to smoke when compared to a cig, weed is definetly stronger, and I guess if the bong is good, go ahead. Just use water, and weed has a different smell but the smell is generally strong. The smell won't go onto your clothes.

3. A few selected answers:

Compared? Harsher, especially towards the end. This can be offset a little through technique.
    Stronger? It always depends on the quality of the bud, but assuming an average joint vs. an average cig, definitely.
    Liquid? Water. Occam's Razor holds true here in my opinion.
    Smell? Smoky and similar to how it smells in non-burnt form. Yeah it'll get into your clothes, but I find it dissipates a little faster than cig smoke does. There's not much you can do to fight it, so be sure to consider clothing to cover what smells and deodorant to help offset.

The main reason I wanted to post, though, is because of that first sentence, "...I wanna be ready for it."

I think it's good to be informed, it's definitely in my nature to want to be, but you shouldn't set too many initial expectations for the experience. Everyone has a different first time, and all bud is different. The advice I give to first time smokers is always this: be comfortable with the situation and the people. Smoke with friends you trust to look out for you and in a place that doesn't give you an uneasy feeling, and you're well on your way to having a good experience.

4. How old are you? Not the questions but your username has the word "noob" in it.

5. You guys find joints harsher than cigs? Damn, I've always found cigs to be much harsher than marijuana smoke in general.

6. What do you mean by comparison, harshness? Well a cigarette is going to be less harsh cause it has a filter.
    No
    Stronger? Lol, yea
    Experiment!
    Water
    Not really, don't hot box
    Spray cologne, air freshner, use a dodo, be outside

Specific questions get specific answers

7. cigarette smoke still burns my stoner lungs to this day

8. Cigarettes are harsher than weed smoke and the smell doesnt stay on you

As long as ur not inhaling plastic the bong sounds good

9. Assuming this is your first time, just pick a comfortable time, place, and company, and don't worry too much about the rest. Best to learn from experience anyway.

10. #10 arblahblah, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No doubt

11. #11 Smegman., Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    They are completely different. Through a joint weed is harsher depending on how often you smoke. If you are confident and know how to smoke a bong properly go nuts but be warned about doing it inside or near anyone. Use water bro, get used to it first before you mix shit up. It smells like sort of sweet and musky, it's very strong don't let anyone smell it who isn't supposed to. Maybe use a sploof (use search to find how to make one).
    It doesn't stick as much as tobacco smoke does but it can be smelt esp. Straight after.
    Wear a different jumper (maybe a dirty one that's about to be washed) and chuck it on, maybe a beanie too and take them off when inside. Spray deo and shit or have a shower (recommended feels good and clears smell good as).
    If you're super paranoid don't smoke direct with fingers it can be smelt on your hands.

Hope this is helpful bro, have a mad sesh.

12. Didn't mean to leave the quote just couldn't remember all the questions haha.
    Don't be afraid of asking lots of questions bro, this is apprentice tokers after all.
    Also listen to the other guys too, all valuable opinions.