A few lighting options need suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by drew425, Oct 24, 2012.

1. I am growing 12 plants in a 4x8x6.2 ft tent under a 1000w cool tube hps. It is getting crowded in the tent and the plants are starting to make a canopy so it looks like side lighting is going to be needed. I also just started some new plants (6 autoflower Northern Light fems) Which are currently under 200w of CLFS. To throw this into the mix I just got ahold of one of those LEDGP45's. So my options are are use my CFLs for side lighting and grow my new plants under the LED. (In a closet) Or I can use the LED for side lighting and grow my new plants under CFL's. (I forgot to mention my big girls are flowering and have been in 12/12 for 16 days) Or my 3rd option would be take out 2 of the bigger plants and grow them under the LED and grow my little ones under CFL's. Option 3 im straying away from because I would have to get even more CFLs for side lighting and to grow the smaller ones. Sorry I know this is a lot to read through but its important to me and I value your opinions.

FYI all plants well eventually be finished under the HPS
    :smoking:

2. have you thought about LST or scrog? That way you wont need extra side lighting..

3. Ive heard of them but not really sure what they mean. Im still fairly "green", pardon the pun, when it comes to growing. If its like topping I think it might be too late in the stage me girls are at right now??

4. If they're flowering its a little late for that, id probably use the cfl's for side lighting and use the leds for the newbies in ur closet. Thats just what id do. You could also trim your plants a little cause if theyve only been flowering for 16 days and youre running out of room, theyre gonna be twice as big after 50 days.

5. How long do they typically flower? What is the best area/point to trim them at? The tent is plenty big enough vertically, but with my exhaust fans, small fans, vents, and other stuff in tent the floor is getting crowded